CSIRO’s Energy Business Unit is seeking an experienced Software Engineer to join the Solar Technologies team, based in Newcastle.
As the Software Engineer, you will contribute to the development of solar energy technologies specifically for utility scale photovoltaics. You will work within a multidisciplinary team to develop ground-breaking technology. Projects may include developing technoeconomic simulations of GW sized solar installations, development of autonomous maintenance robotics, and fault finding diagnostic tools.
Applications to this position are invited across two competency levels, the appointment level will be determined by the qualifications, skills and relevant experience of the successful candidate.
Your duties will include
- Contributing to the development of new solar energy technologies, with a focus on utility scale photovoltaics through the design, prototyping, and implementation of software for use in and automated, components and systems.
- Developing software for automated mechanical systems across a range of Utility Scale Photovoltaic technologies with the aim of reducing costs of deployment and operation.
- Demonstrating developed solar technologies in the field in collaboration with commercial partners
- Initiating and maintain collaborative relationships with external researchers and experts, manage contracts and transfer technology to industry.
- Participating in project scoping and planning, making significant contributions to the research or technological direction, and may advise on the level and type of services that are provided.
- Other duties as directed.
Apply nowJob expired?
Please let CSIRO know you found this job on Rejobs. This will help us grow and get more people to work on renewable energy!
About the role
Feb 07, 2024
Jun 04, 2024
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Share with Friends
The stakes are high, and the time for talk has passed. Now is the time for action. Help a friend accelerate the shift to a sustainable future.
Share this job - Software Engineer - with your folks, and help them find a career to be proud of.