The position of Workforce Development (WF) Lead will work on workforce and training programs within RETI Center’s Local Power and BlueCity workforce programs focused on energy and water, respectively. We are seeking a dynamic and experienced workforce development professional to lead and oversee our initiatives which currently include solar installation and business training. We are seeking to develop and pilot additional training and modules in electric vehicle infrastructure, battery storage, offshore wind, aquaculture, and other in-demand green industries. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in program management, experiential learning, vocational skills training, and workforce development. This role involves designing, implementing, and evaluating training programs that align with organizational goals and contribute to the professional growth of employees. As RETI Center views formal education and training as a continuum with shared goals of theoretical understanding and practical knowledge there will be a high level of consideration for the overall growth of program participants as well as interdisciplinary development with the education program.
The Program Lead will be responsible for representing the interests of RETI Center, our program partners, and our target populations, especially members of historically excluded populations, lower income groups, and others who experience disproportionate impact from health, economic and climate disasters.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Program Development:
- Collaborate with industry leaders, community service providers, and workforce experts to identify needs and develop comprehensive programs to address those needs.
- Design training materials, curricula, and delivery methods that cater to diverse learning styles and preferences.
- Implementation and Facilitation:
- Coordinate the scheduling and delivery of training sessions, workshops, and other educational programs.
- Facilitate training sessions when necessary, ensuring engagement and knowledge transfer.
- Manage outreach to trainees and program graduates concerning program registration, attendance, training status, internships, and job placement opportunities.
- Support internship and job placement programs by developing communication and professional feedback mechanisms between employers, program partners, program graduates, and RETI staff. Including but not limited to meetings, surveys, professional development sessions, and evaluations.
- Strategic Planning:
- Develop a strategic vision for workforce development aligned with organizational objectives.
- Stay abreast of industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices in training and development.
- Strive for and ensure equity in programs, projects, and policies so that all are able to afford and enjoy the benefits of a just transition.
- Development and Budget Management:
- Manage the budget for training programs, ensuring cost-effectiveness while maintaining high-quality standards.
- Develop and steward diverse sources of grant and non-grant support from private, federal, state, foundation and other sources to expand and create workforce training programs.
- Evaluate and recommend external training resources when necessary.
- Evaluation and Improvement:
- Establish and track key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure the effectiveness of workforce programs.
- Conduct regular assessments and gather feedback to continuously improve and update training content and methodologies.
- Data management and reporting of Local Power program metrics as required by grant awards and philanthropic supporters.
- Work closely with RETI directors and staff to ensure workforce initiatives align with organizational goals and values.
- Foster partnerships with external providers, industry associations, and educational institutions.
- Build greater visibility for RETI’s work and increased collaboration through participation in relevant local, regional, national and/or international networks and events.
- Coordinate employer programming and events, including but not limited to RETI Center’s first annual green jobs fair.
- Technology Integration:
- Leverage technology and e-learning platforms to enhance the accessibility and effectiveness of training programs.
- Stay informed about advancements in training technologies and recommend updates as needed.
- Outreach & Communications:
- Work with Community Engagement Coordinator to undertake the planning, promotion and management of community outreach activities and events related to workforce.
- Create outreach communications (asset creation and deployment) including email, social and web, plus additional materials as needed.
- Develop press outreach and relations for workforce programs.
Qualifications and Skill Development
- Proven experience in program management and workforce training and development
- Formal and/or applied training in design, community engagement, project management, urban planning, or related field
- Hands-on experience with renewable energy, circular systems, and sustainability
- Strong understanding of adult learning principles and instructional design
- Interest in community outreach, sustainability, renewable energy, environmental justice, climate adaptation and resiliency
- Strong writing, communications, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- Highly organized, good time management and flexibility with job duties
- Creative initiator
- Social justice advocate
- Professional and/or lived experience engaging with vulnerable populations including racially marginalized, low-income, unemployed or underemployed, formerly incarcerated, and unhoused individuals
- Proficiency Microsoft Suite applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), G-Suite (Google Drive, Google Docs, Google Forms, Google Sheets and Gmail), Dropbox, Airtable, Zoom, Adobe Creative Suite, Canva
- Experience with large-scale renewable energy development, installation, and financing preferred
- Spanish, Chinese or other language skills
Compensation and Terms
Hybrid remote and in-person work
Ability to commute to Brooklyn, NY on a weekly basis at start date (Required)
Salary: $65,000 - $75,000 per annum
A health insurance stipend is provided
As soon as possible
Please send your cover letter and resume as PDF files to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “WF Lead” – [YOUR NAME]” as your subject line.
RETI Center is an equal opportunity employer. We seek to hire candidates that reflect the cultural diversity of our community. We welcome and encourage qualified candidates from all national, religious, racial and ethnic backgrounds, from all gender expressions and sexual identities, and from persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization.
Apply nowJob expired?
Please let RETI Center know you found this job on Rejobs. This will help us grow and get more people to work on renewable energy!
About the role
Jan 18, 2024
Jul 06, 2024
Brooklyn, United States
Share with Friends
The stakes are high, and the time for talk has passed. Now is the time for action. Help a friend accelerate the shift to a sustainable future.
Share this job - Workforce Development Program Lead - with your folks, and help them find a career to be proud of.