Portfolio EPC Manager
Lead a team of Project Managers for energy production plant construction within a specific geographical area. Requires 10+ years of experience in team and construction project management, in-depth knowledge in renewable energy fields, and strong leadership and managerial skills.
Under the authority of the Regional EPC Manager, the Portfolio EPC Manager is responsible to lead a team of Project Managers for the pre-execution and execution of energy production plant construction within a specific geographical area, ensuring adherence to timelines, budgets, Voltalia's HSE Quality standards. The main responsibilities are:
Coordinate and supervise a Project Managers team
- Definition of project technical feasibility: participate in project feasibility assessment in coordination with the development and sales team;
- Define the project's needs (equipment, personnel) with the team under their responsibility;
- Define the technical specifications and validate the proposed solutions;
- Establish project implementation budgets with the EPC project manager;
- Identify technical specifications for RFQs (Request for Quotation) and contracts (applicable standards, expected deliverables, documentation, etc.);
- Collaboratively design plans with the COE team or an external engineering firm based on the defined specifications with the client;
- Participate in the procurement process in coordination with the procurement department;
- Negotiate and/or oversee purchases while adhering to established procedures and contribute to the preparation and argumentation of Investment requests;
- Evaluate offers, select suppliers.
Technical and financial project management
- Define the timelines for each phase of the projects;
- Prepare quotations to establish budgets with management;
- Prioritize interventions based on various criteria: customer requests, equipment availability, alternative solutions, etc.;
- Ensure proper waste management at the construction site;
- Monitor equipment procurement orders for the project according to the established implementation schedule.
- Monitor work in compliance with technical and contractual specifications, standards, regulations, and QHSE rules;
- Validate progress reports for project reviews and ensure adherence to the execution schedule;
- Validate the progress status of different project phases and raise alerts if necessary;
- Review the quality, conformity of activities, and criticality of risks through regular site visits, video conference meetings, and relying on project reports;
- Ensure the project teams adhere to the processes and tools used within the BL and the group (HSE plan, SMQ, cost control, reporting, etc.);
- Supervise and ensure the compliance of construction work performed by their team or external service providers;
- Adjust resources to meet deadlines and cost targets;
- Organize and facilitate reporting reviews with the teams under their responsibility to determine the best course of action;
- Act as a permanent facilitator for finding synergies and promoting efficiency in the interactions between collaborators from all teams involved in the projects;
- Ensure the implementation and compliance with group standards in terms of health, safety, and environmental protection throughout project implementation;
- Maintain relationships with all stakeholders involved in the projects of the allocated portfolio, both internal and external.
- Foster the development of skills among team members (awareness/training, individual meetings);
- Supervise the activities of team members based on their skills, workload, and deadlines;
- Promote communication and information sharing within the department (information meetings/briefings);
- Define the skills requirements for their area of responsibility in line with the company's strategic objectives;
- Conduct performance evaluations and provide appropriate recognition or disciplinary measures for direct reports;
- Define individual and team objectives in line with the company's goals;
- Prioritize tasks for the team based on the context and company priorities;
- Foster a conducive work environment for achieving objectives;
- Consolidate and monitor performance indicators for their area of responsibility.
The ideal candidate will have/ be:
- Master's degree from an engineering school; Master’s degree in project management or PMP is a plus;
- At least, 10 years of experience in team management and construction project management;
- In-depth knowledge in solar, wind, hydro, and/or energy storage fields;
- In-depth knowledge in project coordination for industrial construction or in the energy sector;
- In-depth knowledge of construction contract principles;
- Profound knowledge of construction law and labor law;
- In-depth knowledge of health and safety regulations;
- Fluent in professional English (reading, writing, speaking);
- Proficiency in office tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.);
- Driver's license.
- Interpersonal skills
- Strategic vision
- Managerial skills
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to respond quickly in various professional situations
- Stress resistance
- Enjoyment of working on construction sites
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities, and develop action plans
- Negotiation skills
- Ability to work with multicultural international teams and in diverse territories.
Apply nowJob expired?
Please let Voltalia know you found this job on Rejobs. This will help us grow and get more people to work on renewable energy!
About the role
Jan 16, 2024
Jul 12, 2024
London, United Kingdom
Share with Friends
The stakes are high, and the time for talk has passed. Now is the time for action. Help a friend accelerate the shift to a sustainable future.
Share this job - Portfolio EPC Manager - with your folks, and help them find a career to be proud of.