BIM Project Lead
Seeking BIM Project Lead in Dundalk for MEP design coordination on large-scale projects in UK, Ireland, and Europe. Join a dynamic company specializing in decarbonisation and renewable energy projects.
A UK leading multi-award winning building services contractor are currently seeking a BIM Project Lead in supporting their expanding BIM team at their new office in Dundalk, as a fundamental role in managing the MEP design coordination on multiple large scale projects throughout the UK, Ireland and Europe, including decarbonisation, renewable energy, data centre, healthcare, commercial, high rise residential, educational, and airport projects.
This is a fantastic opportunity for any candidate who wants to join a progressive and dynamic company that continues to invest in their teams and facilities, where they understand that employees are fundamental in business success, where you will work with supportive and diverse teams that will empower you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed in your career.
Alternative Heat is a specialist building services contractor that carries out design, manufacture and installation of new build and retrofit decarbonisation and renewable energy projects as well as modular mechanical & electrical prefabricated products, with a reputation for construction quality and delivery of projects to the highest standard. The BIM Project Lead will play a critical role in collaborating with the project BIM team to deliver the highest quality drawings from BIM models ensuring that all mechanical, electrical, and plumbing (MEP), architectural and structural elements are accurately represented and meet the project's specifications and standards. The candidate will collaborate closely with the BIM, pre-construction, design, offsite fabrication and onsite operation teams to ensure seamless process to assist in delivering high profile projects.
Key Responsibilities, Skills & Competencies
- Project Delivery Strategy: Collaborate with the BIM Manager to develop and refine the overall BIM strategy and delivery programme for the project, ensuring that it aligns with the specific project objectives and company goals.
- BIM Execution Plan (BEP) Onboarding: Understand the project specific BIM execution plan, which details the project's BIM objectives, standards, workflows, roles, and deliverables that the BIM team must deliver to.
- Team Management: Manage and schedule the project deliverables for all BIM team members appointed to each project, assisting individuals as required, and ensuring that deliverables are being completed within the programme target completion dates.
- Resource Allocation: Coordinate with the BIM Manager to ensure that the necessary BIM team members are assigned to lead projects to ensure project completion dates are being sufficiently met.
- Project Reporting: Establish clear communication channels and provide regular project reporting with the BIM Manager and Associate Director to illustrate project progress and challenges.
- Project Modelling: While overseeing the project, a BIM Project Lead will also be directly involved in leading the creating of BIM models, especially intricate or critical portions that require detailed attention.
- Design Management: Supervise the BIM team in the creation, integration, and management of discipline-specific project design models and drawings (ie. MEP, structural, architectural), whilst ensuring that the models and drawing align with project requirements, specifications, and company standards
- Coordination & Integration: Ensuring seamless coordination between various design disciplines such as architecture, structure, MEP (Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing), and interiors. This involves integrating of various design aspects to create a cohesive and harmonious design.
- Clash Detection & Resolution: Utilise BIM software tools to identify clashes between different models (e.g., structural and MEP) and coordinate with relevant teams to resolve these issues in the design phase, preventing costly on-site corrections.
- Quality Assurance: Implement rigorous quality assurance protocols to regularly validate the accuracy, completeness, and integrity of BIM models and associated drawings. Conduct periodic quality checks, both manual and automated, to identify inconsistencies, errors, or deviations.
- Document Control: Ensure that all BIM related documentation, such as revision histories, model updates, and change logs, are meticulously maintained and archived.
- Internal Coordination Meetings: Host BIM coordination meetings with relevant project team members to discuss any issues or concerns related to BIM design modelling or drawings for the attention of the team.
- Stakeholder Collaboration: Act as the primary BIM contact in attendance to BIM project meetings with external stakeholders, facilitating effective communication between architects, engineers, contractors, and other involved parties.
- Feedback Integration: Seek feedback from all relevant internal teams associated in delivering the projects regarding BIM processes and deliverables and use this feedback for continuous improvement.
- Performance Monitoring: Track and evaluate the performance of team members in terms of their modelling and drawing generation accuracy, speed, and standards.
- Professional Development: Identify training needs within the team and liaise with the BIM manager to organise training sessions, workshops, or courses to enhance their BIM modelling skills as required.
- Mentorship: Provide mentorship to team members, guiding them through complex modelling challenges and offering insights based on personal experience.
- Integration with Other Software: Understand and integrate the BIM project processes and how BIM models integrate with other software tools - ie. Dynamo
- 4D, 5D, & 6D BIM Integration: If applicable, oversee the integration of time (4D), cost (5D), and facility management (6D) data into BIM models, enhancing project predictability and post-construction facility management.
Skills and Competencies
- BIM Software Proficiency: Expertise in working with Autodesk Revit software with ability to create, edit, and review complex BIM models. .
- Multi-disciplinary Coordination: Skill in coordinating between various design disciplines, such as architectural, structural, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing (MEP), ensuring a cohesive design approach.
- Clash Detection: Familiarity with Navisworks to identify and address clashes in the model.
- Design Review: Ability to critically review and assess design 3D models and 2D drawings, suggesting improvements or modifications as necessary to meet project requirements
- Project Management: Strong project management skills to oversee the project's timeline, resources, and deliverables.
- Leadership: Ability to lead and motivate a team, ensuring effective collaboration and high quality outputs.
- Communication: Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, for liaising with various internal and external stakeholders, including architects, engineers, contractors, and clients.
- Problem-Solving: Capacity for identifying issues and developing effective solutions in real-time.
- Teamwork: Ability to work effectively within a multi-disciplinary team and develop a collaborative environment.
- Attention to Detail: High level of precision to ensure BIM models and associated drawings are accurate.
- Time Management: Ability to prioritise tasks and manage time effectively, especially in high-pressure situations.
- Risk Management: Ability to identify potential risks and develop strategies to mitigate them.
- Stakeholder Management: Skills in managing expectations, gathering requirements, and ensuring stakeholder satisfaction.
- Training & Mentoring: Ability to train junior team members and provide guidance on best practices.
- Negotiation: Skills in negotiating with consultants, contractors, and other stakeholders to ensure the best outcomes for the project.
- Construction & Design Principles: Understanding of architectural, structural, and MEP design principles and construction processes.
- Adaptability: Being adaptable and open to learning new tools and techniques, especially in the BIM sector, where it is continually evolving The construction and design industry
- 4D/5D/6D BIM: Understanding of integrating time schedules (4D), cost data (5D), and facility management (6D) into BIM models.
- Programming & Scripting: While not mandatory, knowledge of programming languages like Python, especially for creating custom scripts or plugins in BIM tools.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience within a BIM coordination role delivering large commercial MEP projects
- Full Driving License
- A relevant third level education in building services, architectural engineering or construction
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Packages
- Candidates who live within a 20km radius will be preferred
- Full in-house training and career development opportunities
- Competitive pension scheme
- Free annual health check during working hours
- 30 days annual leave increasing in line with length of service.
- Social events organised for all employees throughout the year via our Health and Wellbeing committee.
- Secure, free onsite parking
Alternative Heat is an Equal Opportunities Employer
About Alternative Heat
With over 17 years of experience within the Commercial Offsite Fabrication industry, Alternative Heat have established themselves as a market leader in this sector. Located centrally between Dublin and Belfast our 8.5 acre Head Office and feabrication facilities, which are fully equipped with overhead cranes and 8,000m² of workshop floor area, provide an ideal factory construction environment which is reflected in the high quality solutions we offer. We employ a strong team of design engineers, CAD technicians, contracts managers and skilled trades personnel who utilise their vast industry experience to assist in the design, fabrication and delivery of our bespoke MEP solutions, which we supply throughout the UK and Ireland.
Apply nowJob expired?
Please let Alternative Heat know you found this job on Rejobs. This will help us grow and get more people to work on renewable energy!
About the role
Jan 16, 2024
Jul 12, 2024
Share with Friends
The stakes are high, and the time for talk has passed. Now is the time for action. Help a friend accelerate the shift to a sustainable future.
Share this job - BIM Project Lead - with your folks, and help them find a career to be proud of.