Mainstream Renewable Power is a leading pure-play renewable energy company, with wind and solar assets across global markets, including in Europe, Latin America, Africa, and Asia-Pacific. Our mission is to accelerate the global transition to renewable energy by delivering clean, affordable and reliable energy at scale. We are one of the most successful developers of gigawatt-scale renewables platforms, across onshore wind, offshore wind, and solar power generation with a global portfolio of 20.8 GW. In May 2021, Aker Horizons acquired a majority stake in Mainstream, and in April 2022, Mitsui & Co., Ltd. joined Aker Horizons as a long-term strategic investor. We currently employ over 400 people across 5 continents, and we are looking for ambitious, driven, and talented people to join us on our mission to drive forward the energy transition.
About the Role
We are looking for a motivated, organised, and detail-oriented Compliance Officer to join our Legal & Compliance team.
This position plays an important role in shaping the company’s compliance culture, which strives to be the best in class. The successful candidate needs to be approachable and comfortable communicating in writing, in person, and on the phone with people throughout the organisation. Given the ever-evolving compliance landscape, the successful candidate should be proactive and keen to contribute to the promotion of a strong compliance culture at Mainstream.
This role involves working as part of the wider Legal & Compliance team managing risk within the firm globally. The team works to support all aspects of the business, so there will be exposure to different internal client groups, and you will work with colleagues across our international offices. Members of the team come from a range of backgrounds, with each providing a different perspective to assess and deal with issues. Sometimes we collaborate as a team; other times we undertake work individually.
The team is expected to contribute actively to the promotion of a risk management culture at Mainstream.
What You Will Do
This is a job for a well-organized person. The ability to handle an ad hoc daily workload while continuing to advance longer-term projects is key. In general, the daily work will involve the following:
- Participation in and promotion of a global compliance culture based on a “tone-from-the-top” and “mood-in-the-middle” approach across diverse cultures and regions.
- Communicating and providing advice to personnel throughout the company regarding compliance issues and processes.
- Conducting third party due diligence on supply chain partners, joint venture partners and M&A opportunities (using a combination of open source intelligence and external resources).
- Carrying out KYC and AML checks with third parties.
- Maintaining up to date and accurate internal compliance records (such as registers for gifts & entertainment, conflicts, training attendance).
- Assisting with preparation and publication of the group modern slavery statement on an annual basis and other reporting required by law.
- Supporting the general effort to ensure compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Assisting with the drafting of internal policies and processes in areas including ABC, AML, sanctions, human rights and modern slavery, data protection & privacy.
- Assisting with the design and roll-out of training programmes related to the above, including organising and running compliance workshops with joint venture and supply chain partners.
- Responding to compliance queries from within the business.
About the Person
Knowledge & Skill Requirements – Must-Haves
- 4-8 years previous experience working in a world-class ethics and compliance program.
- Demonstrable understanding of the domestic and international legal frameworks governing compliance programmes including Irish legislation, UK Bribery Act, US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
- Familiarity with all aspects that contribute to an effective ethics and compliance programme for a multi-national energy company
- Ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders at all levels, in particular, the ability to explain complex principles to stakeholders and effectively influence decisions makers including the ability to say “No” when needed.
- Confident in delivering compliance training both virtually and in-person.
- Excellent organizational, communication and written skills, with an emphasis on attention to detail.
- An effective researcher with a “finger on the pulse” approach to staying abreast of international ethics and compliance trends and regulatory changes.
- Proactive with an ability to prioritise and handle a large workload under time constraints.
- Experience working with SharePoint and Microsoft office is essential.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements – Nice to Haves
- Fluency in one or more languages where we conduct business in a non-English speaking part of the world.
- Experience working in a compliance role with a listed company or highly regulated industry.
- Practical data privacy experience, legitimate interest and transfer impact assessments, review of data processing agreements and contractual provisions.
- Experience with OneTrust, Compliance Catalyst and Convercent or similar compliance related tools.
- Experience of managing compliance in joint venture companies.
- Experience of preparing and conducting internal compliance audits.
Why You Really Should Click That Button
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, to be part of a diverse workplace with regards to gender, age and cultural background in the most exciting industry in the world today. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary, bonus scheme, and share options.
- Training opportunities
- Secondment and relocation opportunities
- Career progression
Shared Financial Success
- A competitive, industry benchmarked and cost-of-living linked salary, reviewed annually
- Annual bonus
- Share options
- WFH in a hybrid working arrangement
- Allowance for WFH set up
True Diversity & Inclusion
- Equal opportunity targets
- GWEC Women in Wind and Mainstream Women in Renewables programmes
- You can be you, whatever your gender, colour or sexual orientation
Care for Health & Wellbeing
- Generous health insurance coverage and allowance where applicable
These are just some of the reasons why we are officially certified as a Great Place to Work.
Apply nowJob expired?
Please let Mainstream Renewable Power know you found this job on Rejobs. This will help us grow and get more people to work on renewable energy!
About the role
Jan 17, 2024
Jul 12, 2024
Share with Friends
The stakes are high, and the time for talk has passed. Now is the time for action. Help a friend accelerate the shift to a sustainable future.
Share this job - IR - Compliance Officer - with your folks, and help them find a career to be proud of.