The sales trader has to develop mid and senior-level relationships with top-class companies (utilities, project developers, corporates, generators and industrials) and actively close transactions that meet the clients and Caely demands.
We are looking for a dynamic professional who is skilled at analysing information and understands the carbon business well. The candidate excels in evaluating market dynamics, and identifying strategic opportunities within the evolving landscape of carbon market. The ideal candidate is a mix of someone who thinks analytically and yet understands how the sale side of business works. They play a crucial role in navigating the complex world of carbon certificates.
Caely Renewables (Caely) is solution driven with a strong focus on the environment. The company is a knowledge leader and actor in the environmental commodity space. Caely helps companies meet their environmental goals (both compliance and voluntary) in carbon, renewable energy, fuels and feedstock. Caely will actively trade and close transactions with top-class companies (utilities, project developers, corporates, power generators and industrials). With global ambitions, Caely is set to grow rapidly the coming years in Europe and the Unites states followed by Asia.
The role of a sales trader analyst for voluntary carbon certificates is an exciting blend of analytical expertise and commercial finesse This role involves breaking down the complexities of the market, carefully examining data, and understanding the details of carbon credit trading. It's about navigating through changes in the carbon field, guiding choices related to buying, selling, and trading these certificates.. This role demands negotiation skills to secure lucrative deals and nurture enduring client partnerships.
The role will consist of, but not limited to, the following actions on a daily basis:
- Assess and interpret data to make informed decisions regarding buying, selling, and trading carbon offsets.
- Communicate daily with your teams’ customers and needs
- Actively approach new customers to build the customer database (cold-calling)
- Conduction local market research on the environmental commodities market and contribute to the company's growth efforts. Analyze the financial implications of carbon credit transactions, ensuring profitability and adherence to market trends.
- Collaborate with the team and peers to structure deals for the benefit of the customer and Caely
- Stay abreast of regulatory changes and compliance requirements within the carbon offsetting industry.
- Generate reports outlining market insights, transaction summaries, and performance analysis to support decision-making processes.
In order to be considered for the role you will meet the following:
- Native speaker in English
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in business, finance, economics or equivalent
- 1-3 years’ experience in trading, brokering, business development
- Self-starter, motivated and eager to develop your skills and become a knowledge leader in the environmental commodity industry
- Articulate, precise and excellent communication skills (giving and receiving feedback)
- Climate Advocate and have a drive to leave the world in a better place
- Develop leads through business development, cold calling, networking and IT/Data applications
- Advanced excel skills is considered a plus
- Living and working in Amsterdam, The Netherlands or willing to move
- Inspirational work environment in the fastest growing commodity sector
- Competitive market salary and bonus scheme
- Relocation budget
- Unlimited holidays
- Pension Scheme
- Bootcamp every week
Apply nowJob expired?
Please let Caely Renewables know you found this job on Rejobs. This will help us grow and get more people to work on renewable energy!
About the role
Jan 16, 2024
Jul 12, 2024
1-3 years’ experience
Share with Friends
The stakes are high, and the time for talk has passed. Now is the time for action. Help a friend accelerate the shift to a sustainable future.
Share this job - Sales Trader Analyst - with your folks, and help them find a career to be proud of.