Tesla is accelerating the world's transition to sustainable energy. Revolutionary strategies and products were developed within a few years and successfully launched on a large scale. This is only possible through extraordinary speed, innovation and efficiency.
Tesla is seeking to grow its Regulatory Credit Trading team to originate, negotiate, and execute transactions within European renewable fuel, renewable energy, and carbon markets. The scope for this position spans all major European markets and the preferred location for this position is in Tesla’s office in Amsterdam, NL or Berlin, DE.
The successful candidate will lead commercial negotiations, develop fundamental models of industry trends, interface with policymakers and regulators, and communicate with internal and external stakeholders. This is a highly dynamic role, providing excellent growth opportunities, including global policy engagement, complex deal negotiation, and strategic partnership development.
Applicants must have a passion for Tesla’s mission to advance the world’s transition to sustainable energy, and successful candidates will be extremely detail-oriented, analytical, and effective communicators. Previous work experience in investment banking, consulting, private equity, energy/environmental policy, or equity research is highly preferred.
What You’ll Do
- Product portfolio will include but is not limited to: German Treibhausgasminderungsziele (THG) Credits (eQuoten, Quoten, 38. BImSchV, THG-Quote, Treibhausgasquote), Netherlands Hernieuwbare Brandstof Eenheden (HBE) Credits, Austrian Kraftstoffverordnung (KVO) Credits, French TIRUERT E-Credits (Taxe incitative à l’utilisation d’énergies renouvelables dans les transports, French CEE Credits (Certificats d’Economie d’Energie)
- Work directly with regulated parties and brokers to execute transactions related to Tesla’s growing portfolio
- Negotiate discrete contracts with counterparties and broad framework agreement to streamline increased trading activity
- Manage the ongoing delivery and invoice requirement associated with the credit transactions
- Provide detailed fundamental market analysis to support trading decisions (competitor dynamics and pricing) and regulatory positions
- Coordinate with internal sales and charging teams on product strategy to ensure revenue stream from regulatory fuel credits is optimized for Tesla’s current business needs
- Partner with internal automation teams to streamline new market expansion
What You’ll Bring
- Proficient in German and English. Additional language skills a plus
- Evidence of exceptional ability in a professional capacity with at least five years of job specific experience, including at least three years in a commercial and/or trading role
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics, Economics, Business, Finance and/or Engineering
- Outstanding attention to detail and excellent analytical skills (e.g. Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel and PowerPoint, financial modeling, etc.) with an Ability to read and interpret financial statements, analyst reports, regulations, and technical documents
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to synthesize complex topics into understandable points, particularly with senior business leaders and external stakeholders
- Highly collaborative, team oriented, and comfortable leading multiple, cross-functional projects. Creative thinking with the ability to solve problems with limited information
- Sense of humor and comfort with ambiguous environments
- A dynamic and fast-paced environment where inclusion, learning and collaboration are key to success
- The chance to work with innovative technology, advanced tools, and software
- Ongoing training and development to help you grow your skills and career
- A competitive compensation and benefits package
- A safe, clean, and fun work environment
Apply nowJob expired?
Please let Tesla know you found this job on Rejobs. This will help us grow and get more people to work on renewable energy!
About the role
Jan 16, 2024
Jul 12, 2024
Amsterdam / Berlin, Netherlands
Share with Friends
The stakes are high, and the time for talk has passed. Now is the time for action. Help a friend accelerate the shift to a sustainable future.
Share this job - Environmental Commodities Trading - German Speaking - with your folks, and help them find a career to be proud of.