NineDot's name derives from the classic mathematical puzzle for sparking out-of-the-box solutions. As a leading community-scale, clean energy developer with a growing portfolio of projects across a range of technologies, NineDot Energy is creating innovative energy solutions that support a more resilient electric grid, deliver economic savings, address environmental justice, and reduce carbon emissions. We plan to develop, build and operate more than 400 MW of clean energy systems by 2026 that will strengthen the local power grid infrastructure and provide clean, reliable and resilient power to tens of thousands of New York households and businesses. This is all in support of New York State's mission to achieve 100% clean energy by 2040.
With the backing of the Carlyle Group - one of the largest private investors in renewable energy - NineDot is rapidly expanding its core team to scale its energy storage pipeline and continue innovating new products (i.e. vehicle-to-grid, community energy, etc.) to advance the decarbonization of New York's grid. This is an exciting opportunity to build a platform from the ground-up with a world-class team of developers and innovators. NineDot is committed to building a company that exemplifies diversity, equity and inclusion values in its team culture, as well as business practices and community engagement.
Reporting to the VP of Project Development, the Project Controls Manager will be responsible for developing and maintaining project schedules, providing critical insights into project timelines, and supporting overall project control functions. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in project scheduling, proficiency in relevant software tools, and the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and external stakeholders.
Roles and responsibilities
- Collaborate with project managers and engineering teams to develop comprehensive project schedules for community-scale Battery Storage projects.
- Integrate scope, resources, and timelines into the master project schedule.
- Monitor and update project schedules regularly to reflect progress, changes, and potential delays.
- Work closely with project teams to collect accurate and timely progress information.
- Assist in the allocation of resources, including labor, equipment, and materials, to support project schedules.
- Collaborate with the leadership team to ensure efficient resource utilization.
- Conduct critical path analysis to identify key project activities and potential bottlenecks.
- Provide recommendations for mitigating risks and optimizing project timelines.
- Assess the impact of changes on project schedules and communicate adjustments to stakeholders.
- Collaborate with project teams to develop strategies for managing changes without compromising project timelines.
- Prepare and present regular project schedule reports, highlighting key milestones, critical paths, and potential risks.
- Analyze schedule performance and provide insights to project teams and management.
- Work closely with project managers, engineers, and other stakeholders to ensure alignment of project schedules with overall project objectives.
- Participate in project meetings and provide schedule-related updates.
- All other duties as assigned.
Competencies for Success
- Problem Solving - Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; conducts excellent and honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the first answer.
- Interpersonal Savvy - Able to relate well to all individuals within and beyond the organization; builds appropriate rapport along with constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact.
- Perseverance - Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Dealing With Ambiguity - Can effectively cope with change and shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture.
- Creativity - Capable of coming up with new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions.
- Technical Learning - Picks up on technical things quickly, capable of learning new skills and knowledge, good at learning new industry, company, product, or technical knowledge.
- Intellectual Horsepower - Demonstrated ability to deal with concepts and complexity comfortably; described as intellectually sharp, capable,and agile.
Required education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Project Management, or a related field is typically required; relevant certification is a plus.
- Proven experience in project controls and scheduling, preferably in the renewable energy or construction industry.
- Proficiency in project scheduling software (e.g., Primavera P6, Microsoft Project).
- Experience working with data aggregation and presentation software such as Microsoft Power BI or Google Looker Studio.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail and a commitment to delivering high-quality project control services.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
Affirmative Action/EEO statement
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender expression, gender identity, sex, age, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran and military status, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status of an individual or that individual's associates or relatives that is protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
Covid 19 Protocol
NineDot continues to monitor local COVID-19 protocols mandated by state and federal governments. For those who will be joining events in person, you may be required to test before meetings.
Apply nowJob expired?
Please let NineDot Energy know you found this job on Rejobs. This will help us grow and get more people to work on renewable energy!
About the role
Jan 14, 2024
Jul 13, 2024
New York, United States
Share with Friends
The stakes are high, and the time for talk has passed. Now is the time for action. Help a friend accelerate the shift to a sustainable future.
Share this job - Project Controls Manager - with your folks, and help them find a career to be proud of.