DTE is one of the nation’s largest diversified energy companies. Our electric and gas companies have fueled our customer’s homes and Michigan’s progress for more than a century. And as Michigan’s largest source of renewable energy, we’re creating a cleaner, healthier environment to power our future. We’re also serving communities beyond Michigan, where our affiliated businesses offer renewable energy, emission control technologies, and energy services to industries in 19 states.
But we’re more than a leading energy company... and working at DTE is more than just a job. At DTE, we take great care of each other and our customers, and we use our energy to be a force for growth and prosperity in our communities. When you join us, you’ll be part of a team that welcomes, recognizes, and celebrates differences and values everyone’s health, safety, and wellbeing. Are you ready to make that kind of difference? Bring your energy to DTE. Together, we can achieve great things.
Under direct and intermittent supervision, performs analysis, research, development, testing and implementation and support of systems and procedural solutions to support business opportunities, initiatives and strategic goals in the most effective and efficient manner. This is an individual contributor role with no direct reports.
- Researches, prepares analyses and simulations of business unit operations and operational effectiveness, including benchmarking the business unit functions against competitors, to support recommendations for business unit improvement(s), goal and target setting.
- Tracks, maintains and provides up-to-date information on the business unit's metrics and scorecard.
- Assist in analyzing the impact of various business unit initiatives in the context of regulatory requirements and considerations.
- Coordinates input from various business units to facilitate the integration of group-level plans with larger (Corporate-wide) plans and/or activities; may participate in periodic reviews of achievements and performance versus plans.
- Assist in budget development, tracking and related analytical support for the business unit's leadership, or for operating groups within a given business unit.
- Analyzes capital and O&M projects; develops recommendations to maximize the business units output for long-range planning purposes.
- Collaborates with cross-functional stakeholders to understand their business needs and formulate complete end-to-end analysis.
- Coordinates and recommends the design of templates and planning tools used in the business unit planning process.
- Performs analyses to identify and resolve potential sources of loss or threats to business unit outcomes, and minimize their effects
- Updates or develops data models and databases; engages in activities intended to maintain data integrity.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, economics, engineering, or a related discipline.
- Note: Individuals who will be obtaining their degree within nine months from submitting interest will be considered; however, verification of the degree will be required prior to starting in the job.
- Working knowledge of financial and economic analysis and project management
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Word)
- Proficient verbal, written and presentation skills; communicates clearly, with credibility and confidence
- Basic to intermediate analytical and project management skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills consistent with the ability to identify key issues from a broad range of alternatives, and recommend optimal solutions for various situations.
- Ability to work in a team and/or matrixed structure, supporting multiple clients.
- Flexibility and the ability to work with shifting priorities; embrace new/evolving responsibilities
Incumbents may engage in all or some combination of the activities and accountabilities, and utilize a variety of the competencies cited in this description depending upon the organization and role to which they are assigned. This description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents in this job. It is not intended as an all-inclusive list of accountabilities or responsibilities, nor is it intended to limit the rights of supervisors or management representatives to assign, direct and control the work of employees under their supervision.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA JOB APPLICANTS
At DTE Energy, we are committed to providing an inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcome and a sense of belonging. We seek individuals with a heart for service, a passion to help our communities prosper, and ideas to help shape the future of energy. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, national origin, citizenship, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.
Apply nowJob expired?
Please let DTE Energy know you found this job on Rejobs. This will help us grow and get more people to work on renewable energy!
About the role
Jan 18, 2024
Jul 13, 2024
Detroit, MI, United States
Share with Friends
The stakes are high, and the time for talk has passed. Now is the time for action. Help a friend accelerate the shift to a sustainable future.
Share this job - Associate Business & Planning Analyst - with your folks, and help them find a career to be proud of.