We are Seaway7, a diverse group of team players, change makers and leaders in the delivery of fixed offshore wind projects. What we do makes a difference to our planet and the future, by bringing sustainable, renewable energy to the world.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Supply Chain Management (SCM) Specialist to join our team in one of our main locations on a full-time permanent staff basis. The person could be based in one of the following Seaway7 office locations - Oslo in Norway, Zoetermeer in The Netherlands, Leer in Germany or Aberdeen in the UK.
The Supply Chain Management team has the responsibility to develop SCM strategies and to engage the supply lines for designated materials and services. Comprehensive supply chain plans are the basis to achievement of our projects, they may comprise of a multitude of very large dollar packages and will have a direct and significant impact on the cost base of Seaway7.
What you will be doing
The candidate will have the opportunity to get involved in a wide range of roles and responsibilities, some of which are listed below. However this is not an exhaustive list as this is a highly varied role:
- Develop and deliver Supply Chain Management plans, comprising of a significant number of large dollar work packages. Associated risk / opportunity management and manpower planning may be part of the role.
- Working closely with all internal and external stakeholders to collect all information required to engage relevant supply lines efficiently and economically.
- Define SCM strategy in co-operation with internal stakeholders and internal disciplines.
- Direct negotiations with selected suppliers; always aiming to find the best deal for Seaway7 in a timely fashion.
- Perform commercial analyses; normalise and evaluate bids received. Incorporate technical evaluations from disciplines like Engineering, Planning, QHSE, Contracts / Legal, etc.
- Participate in internal gate review meetings
- Finalise bid summaries and make recommendations to internal stakeholders.
- Supplier relationship management: schedule meetings with regular suppliers to manage expectations and align business interests.
- Initiate and participate in supplier performance evaluations and populate lessons learned reports.
What you will bring to the team
It’s the commitment and enthusiasm of our people that gives us our energy to create change and make an impact for the future. And we want you to bring your personality, skills and experience, powering us to be leaders in fixed offshore wind.
- Degree qualified at Bachelor level or equivalent in a technical, commercial or legal discipline
- Experience working in a project management role, ideally within the energy industry, with a strong involvement in SCM processes
- A genuine communicator and negotiator, with the ability to converse in English in both written and spoken word at a very high level. Being proficient in other languages is a significant advantage.
- An advanced user in Microsoft Office and SAP, ideally in Ariba
- Have proven leadership skills and the ability to develop, motivate and collaborate effectively with teams and individuals across the business.
At times, there may be specific qualifications we’re looking for, but we also recognise the power of transferrable skills, so if you feel you have some of the relevant skills and experience we’re looking for, we want to hear from you.
What we can offer you
We offer the opportunity to create a future to be proud of, for generations to come. Whatever the role, wherever the location, everyone plays a part.
And when we say everyone, we mean everyone. Because we believe that it’s our team spirit that makes us special. Whether we’re getting stuck in, overcoming a challenge, or celebrating a success, we always do it together.
Alongside this, we’re continually creating the environment for you to be at your best – in and outside of work. This includes:
- Career development – access to a range of learning opportunities, as well as being part of a culture that encourages growth and development.
- Flexible working – everyone has commitments, responsibilities and passions outside of work. With a range of patterns available including hybrid, part-time or flexitime working, let’s discuss how we make time for what matters to you.
- A holistic benefits package – we pride ourselves in offering a wide range of benefits that support your financial, emotional, and physical wellbeing.
The next steps
To apply for this role, simply click the ‘Apply’ button found on this page.
You may be prompted to set up a profile with us. It’s quick and easy to do. Or, if you have already created a profile with us, simply log in and submit your application.
Here are 3 top tips to help you submit an application:
- Make sure your CV is up-to-date and highlights the transferable skills and experience you can bring to this role.
- Include a cover letter as part of your application. It’s your chance to tell us why you would be a brilliant addition to our team.
- Take your time with your application and check there are no errors such as spelling mistakes.
Once you have submitted your application, we will be in touch as soon as possible with next steps.
Apply nowJob expired?
Please let Seaway7 know you found this job on Rejobs. This will help us grow and get more people to work on renewable energy!
About the role
Jan 16, 2024
Jul 13, 2024
Oslo /Zoetermeer / Leer / Aberdeen
Bachelor level or equivalent
Share with Friends
The stakes are high, and the time for talk has passed. Now is the time for action. Help a friend accelerate the shift to a sustainable future.
Share this job - Senior SCM Specialist - with your folks, and help them find a career to be proud of.