Field Service Electrolysis Engineer/Technician (f/m/d)
Field Service Electrolysis Engineer/Technician role at Siemens Energy in Amadora, Portugal. Full-time, hybrid workplace. Professional experience in mechatronics, electrical engineering, or electronics required.
You are a member of the Field Service Electrolysis team and rotate between the areas of “remote support”, preventive/corrective maintenance and commissioning new plants. Somewhere in the world, where renewable energy is to be stored in hydrogen, the operator reports a fault in his system to the Field Service Electrolysis team via the hotline. Firstly, the fault is analysed remotely by the remote team. Depending on the analysis, the fault is either rectified directly or an on-site visit is initiated. In the case of an on-site assignment, a team member travels to the plant and rectifies the fault with the support of team colleagues from the hotline.
An electrolysis system is shut down for preventive or corrective maintenance. The Field Service electrolysis team is ready to implement the isolation measures for the electrolysis plant and initiate inertisation. As soon as the system is in a safe operating condition, the planned maintenance work is started. Their work includes the fast, professional, and structured inspection/dismantling/cleaning/replacement of components from the transformer, rectifier and/or process engineering areas At the same time, all necessary precautions must be taken to ensure that you can reassemble the equipment within the specified time frame and that the electrolysis system can be properly returned to commercial operation.
As part of new electrolysis plant installations, you will transfer the latest electrolysis plant from the assembly stage to cold and hot commissioning in commercial operation. Work instructions, logging, as-built documentation and occupational safety are of great importance.
How You’ll Make an Impact (responsibilities)
- As a Field Service Electrolysis Engineer/Technician (f/m/d), you will independently provide services on electrolysis plants worldwide.
- Electronic measurements on rectifiers and transformers
- Implementation of software updates
- Replacement of plant components and reintegration into the plant system
- Electrical and metrological assembly and disassembly work
- Installation and wiring of measuring devices according to drawings and wiring diagrams and their commissioning
- Carrying out functional tests, checking the settings and performing or arranging the necessary calibrations (e.g. for gas analyzers, pressure switches, pressure transmitters)
- Accepting fault diagnoses, checking signal exchange with the control technology
- Communication with the technical back office, which supports you 24/7 via remote connection
- Helping to shape the energy transition
- Product development through feedback from your work at the customer's site / engineering contact
- Your workplace is the world - and our challenges are more exciting than any conventional day-to-day job
What You Bring (requirements)
- Degree in the field of mechatronics, electrical engineering, electronics, or comparable training/studies/qualifications
- Professional experience desirable in the field of rectifier technology, transformers, electrolysis, electrochemistry, automation technology
- English language skills => at least level "B2"
- Desirable automation knowledge in PCS7, TIA, WIN CC or other manufacturers is an advantage
- High degree of flexibility, unrestricted mobility, ability to work in a team and communication skills in relation to foreign countries and cultures
- Very high willingness to travel. Assignment duration in the service area between 1 day and 2 weeks and several months for new installations
- Good communication skills with customers and colleagues
- Ability to analyse faults
- Customer and service-orientation
About the Team
A multi-national and multi-skilled team of more than 20 Field Service Engineers who support a large range of rotating equipment worldwide committed to deliver a best in class service and support to our customers
Who is Siemens Energy?
At Siemens Energy, we are more than just an energy technology company. We meet the growing energy demand across 90+ countries while ensuring our climate is protected. With more than 92,000 dedicated employees, we not only generate electricity for over 16% of the global community, but we’re also using our technology to help protect people and the environment.
Our global team is committed to making sustainable, reliable, and affordable energy a reality by pushing the boundaries of what is possible. We uphold a 150-year legacy of innovation that encourages our search for people who will support our focus on decarbonization, new technologies, and energy transformation.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and our combined creative energy is fueled by over 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society, all of society, and we do not discriminate based on our differences.
- Competitive compensation package
- Work-life balance: Flexible working time,
- Flexible mobile working policy (hybrid)
- Local benefits such as meal allowance, flexible plan and much more
- Self-driven development framework with insights and resources to develop and grow on technical and soft skills. Continuous learning
- International and cross Business Units
Apply nowJob expired?
Please let Siemens Energy know you found this job on Rejobs. This will help us grow and get more people to work on renewable energy!
About the role
Jan 16, 2024
Jul 13, 2024
Share with Friends
The stakes are high, and the time for talk has passed. Now is the time for action. Help a friend accelerate the shift to a sustainable future.
Share this job - Field Service Electrolysis Engineer/Technician (f/m/d) - with your folks, and help them find a career to be proud of.