We are looking for an experienced staff software engineer to oversee our company’s core product development team that drives our product across multiple countries and offerings. Bring your ideas—the wilder and the crazier, the better — and establish Flo as the go-to renewable electricity retailer in Singapore and Australia.
"It's surely our responsibility to do everything within our power to create a planet that provides a home not just for us, but for all life on Earth."
Hi, we’re Flo, and we are on a mission to switch as many people and businesses as possible to clean, renewable energy.
We do that by making clean energy as cheap as conventional energy, investing in smart technology to reduce our operating costs and passing the savings to our members. And yes, it's not impossible.
We are pushing boundaries and breaking conventions of the traditional electricity retailer. To do so, we are looking for like-minded people who share our passion for technology and sustainability. You might be the one we are looking for!
What you will be doing
This is a full-time role for a seasoned staff software engineer. You will be responsible for a very broad portfolio of building highly scalable, complex and intelligent platforms, improving the development process as well as our infrastructure and the end-end product life cycle from conception to launch. You will work with the product vertical and horizontal teams to ensure that our product meets customer needs and that we remain competitive in the market. You will also be responsible for identifying new opportunities for growth and driving innovation within the company.
- Raise the org wide bar on the entire cycle of software and product delivery from ideation to deployment and everything in between while improving standards of system design, clean code, documentation and infrastructure management.
- Mentor other senior full stack engineers and cross functional leaders in building delightful products and robust operating platforms and systems that monitor, maintain, upgrade and deploy across multiple countries, including Singapore and Australia.
- Understand product and business strategies to develop an easy-to-use platform that aligns with customers' needs. Contribute to product vision, discovery and innovation.
- Developing processes to improve operations and increase efficiency and productivity.
- Communicate cross-functionally across various teams, organizations and internal and external stakeholders to drive engineering efforts.
- Hire and scale the organization to enable our business growth.
You will be a good candidate if you are
- Proven track record and at least 10 years of relevant core software engineering experience in a technology company and experience in leading complex and high scale projects end-end in an agile environment. (our tech stack: Kotlin, PostgreSQL, TimeScaleDB, AWS, TypeScript, however experience with these is not a blocker)
- You’re interested in how technology can improve the environments people live in and proactively propose new products-features / ideas to help the people.
- Have experience in clean code design, databases, high scale designs, infrastructure provisioning, authentication, and access management using cloud providers like AWS.
- Superior organizational, ownership, leadership and communication skills.
- You’re a collaborative person that believes in the Agile principles and how they can help empowered teams deliver the best software
- You’ve contributed to mobile applications that have delighted their users, as a developer or test engineer
- Possess a strong understanding of security best practices and can implement security measures to safeguard our data and systems.
- Have a proactive and collaborative approach to working with diverse technical and non-technical teams.
- Show an aptitude for staying current with the latest developments and trends in the renewable energy industry and across the tech stack.
Extra points if you:
- Have deep experience with both functional and OO programming, the JVM ecosystem and TypeScript.
- Have previous experience in the electricity retail market or a similar industry.
- Are enthusiastic about diving into ongoing projects and providing hands-on support where needed.
Culture and benefits
- Get involved in product development from the ground up to chart the future of Flo.
- Work in an open-minded, and dynamic environment with a talented team.
- Budget and time to take on professional development courses and team outings.
- Enjoy an attractive compensation package, generous time-off and work-life balance.
Apply nowJob expired?
Please let Flo Energy Singapore Pte. Ltd. know you found this job on Rejobs. This will help us grow and get more people to work on renewable energy!
About the role
Jan 17, 2024
Jul 13, 2024
Senior (10+ years)
Share with Friends
The stakes are high, and the time for talk has passed. Now is the time for action. Help a friend accelerate the shift to a sustainable future.
Share this job - Staff Software Engineer - with your folks, and help them find a career to be proud of.