Division Manager (Northeast Division)
Eagle Creek Renewable Energy is seeking a Division Manager for its Northeast Division. Lead and manage the NE Team to ensure safe, compliant, and efficient operations.
The individual assigned to the Division Manager (DM) position is responsible for and will lead the activities of the NE Division team of employees including Regional Operation Managers, Plant Managers and associated employees, Maintenance/Technical Manager(s) and associated employees (see attached org chart). The DM is tasked with working independently in leading the NE Team as well as working closely with ECRE Leadership (Sr VP Operations directly), EHS, Dam Safety, Compliance, AM, Finance, Engineering, HR, and others in a cooperative fashion to assure ECRE leadership values and company policies are both clearly understood and are being followed. The DM is responsible for all aspects of divisional performance and therefore must foster a strong relationship with both ECRE staff and NE Division employees to deliver required business results.
The DM is responsible for safe, environmentally compliant, and efficient day-today operations, management/execution of major and minor facility improvement projects, maintenance activities, public recreation on project property, personnel management/development, and continuous improvement in the division.
The DM is expected to oversee all divisional activities and therefore must maintain and demonstrate specific abilities and skills in order to oversee and manage the broad range of responsibilities associated with the position. These include the following:
- Strong leadership and management skills. Ability to mentor employees and guide the team towards achieving objectives and improving levels of performance.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written. Ability to effectively communicate with company leadership groups and local operational staff.
- Ability to set priorities with multiple objectives and drive results.
- Ability to travel throughout the division on a frequent basis to ensure employee safety & compliance, interact with employees and observe performance/facility improvements firsthand.
- Organizational skills to understand and ensure regulatory compliance with project licenses, permits, all other federal and state requirements and agreements.
- Leadership and interpersonal skills to promote a culture of safety, compliance, continuous improvement and teamwork.
- Personal integrity and commitment demonstrative of ECRE’s desired safe work habits.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Provide strategic direction and leadership towards achievement of KPI’s for the division.
- Ensure assets are properly maintained and efficiently operated/managed to achieve safety, compliance, operational, and revenue goals.
- Ensure improvement/maintenance projects are being managed efficiently with focus on clear scopes and objectives, while maintaining schedules and budgets.
- Strategically plan and budget five-year budget forecast for both capital and major maintenance projects.
- Maintain O&M five-year budget and forecasts.
- Provide plans, directions and budgets related to labor.
- Ensure a safe work environment for all employees.
- Promote and provide open and honest communications.
- Assuring proper record keeping and reporting on generation performance on a weekly basis.
- Provide weekly reporting to ECRE Sr VP of Ops.
- Reviewing and assure adherence to requirements and effective movement of PO’s, invoices, expense reports, etc. as required.
- Reports directly to the Senior VP of Operations.
- A minimum of an associate degree in a technical or engineering discipline or equivalent
- A minimum of 10-15 years management experience in an operations manufacturing environment. Experience in hydro, steam and/or gas turbine power plant operations is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team in a challenging/quick changing environment and work well with others at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to understand complex issues as they relate to plant operations.
- Ability to work extended hours, if and when required
- Experience with supporting or managing major capital projects.
- Experience with managing multiple projects their budgets.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software products as well as other Windows based software.
Apply nowJob expired?
Please let Eagle Creek Renewable Energy LLC know you found this job on Rejobs. This will help us grow and get more people to work on renewable energy!
About the role
Jan 18, 2024
Jul 13, 2024
Lisbon, ME, United States
Share with Friends
The stakes are high, and the time for talk has passed. Now is the time for action. Help a friend accelerate the shift to a sustainable future.
Share this job - Division Manager (Northeast Division) - with your folks, and help them find a career to be proud of.