We are a young, growing, international, privately owned company. Since our start in 2008 we have grown into an organization with over 140 colleagues who work across the US, the Netherlands, Belgium, the UK, Poland and Japan.
Our mission is to accelerate the energy transition. We do this by organizing group buying projects for sustainable products such as renewable energy contracts and rooftop solar & storage and heat pump installations.
We are human centered, meaning that in everything we do, we look at the world through the eyes, hearts and minds of humans. This allows us to create the ideal customer journey for both consumers and our partners via our digital platform.
Since 2008 we have helped 2.7 million consumers to switch to a renewable energy contract and we have helped over 150.000 people to install a solar system on their roof and generate their own electricity.
What will be your role?
In this important role you will oversee the international day-to-day financial operations and will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer. Finance is not just a support department: it is a critical success factor and needs to be taken well care of. You will be acting as daily sparring partner towards the international team and will be end-responsible for all financial controlling activities.
With your helicopter view and financial control knowledge you will quickly identify potential bottlenecks and initiate and oversee the implementation of improvements. You will proactively manage internal reporting, forecasting, budget control, cashflow management and provide valuable insights to support further growth. Be aware that this is a new role in our department and many processes are not predefined yet. So it will be required from you to be a self-explorer and have appetite to create new procedures or reports your own.
- Responsible for optimizing the (international) controlling activities incl. reporting, processes and systems;
- Provide valuable financial insights regarding forecast, budgeting, management information and other financial analysis;
- Take the lead and manage timely the financial auditing process with the auditors and bookkeepers in all countries;
- Optimize and professionalize the financial department leading to efficiency and effectiveness improvements;
- Working closely with the different (international) operating companies and actively advising on a wide variety of financial and tax related topics;
- Align with the accountants or other experts on in-depth (international) topics;
- Follow up on the realization of synergies and other value adding plans within the company;
- Participate in key business initiatives and activities to support the business growth;
- Responsible for all monthly and annual accounts incl. statutory reporting, audits and compliance.
Who are you?
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Accounting/Finance with a minimum of 5 years experience;
- Focussed on high quality, proactive stakeholder management, timely deliverables;
- Team player with people skills; positive, enthusiastic and has an affinity for problem solving;
- Experienced with handling IFRS, tax, accounting and other financial control topics;
- Experience in a growing and entrepreneurial environment is an advantage;
- Excellent communication skills with a fluency in English;
- Available min. 4 days a week
What do we offer you?
- An ambitious, highly professional and fun international organization;
- Working with enthusiastic, sincere and smart colleagues who work together in an informal way;
- Excellent salary, secondary benefits and growth possibilities within the organisation;
- Great place to work in Amsterdam Centre with occasional travel;
- Becoming part of a market leading, innovative and sustainable company.
Are you enthusiastic?
Does this job at iChoosr appeal to you then please let us know! For more information, please contact email@example.com or call +31 6 34427790
Apply nowJob expired?
Please let iChoosr know you found this job on Rejobs. This will help us grow and get more people to work on renewable energy!
About the role
Jan 23, 2024
Jul 13, 2024
Share with Friends
The stakes are high, and the time for talk has passed. Now is the time for action. Help a friend accelerate the shift to a sustainable future.
Share this job - Finance Manager - with your folks, and help them find a career to be proud of.