Senior Geotechnical Engineer
Join OWC, a leading global independent energy and marine consultant, specializing in renewable energy. Seeking a Senior Geotechnical Engineer with offshore wind industry experience. Hybrid work structure, occasional travel within Europe and overseas.
OWC, an ABL Group company, is a technical and advisory consultancy specializing in renewable energy, including onshore & offshore, fixed/floating wind energy, onshore solar, floating solar, and hydrogen. OWC offers a global service offering, focused on project development services, owner’s engineering, technical due diligence, and independent engineering. We have an unrivalled reputation for providing high-quality, innovative, and reliable solutions, drawing on extensive technical knowledge and practical experience which goes back to the late 1990s in offshore renewables.
We are looking for a Senior Geotechnical Engineer to join our geotechnical engineering team with specific experience in geotechnical analysis and geotechnical characterization of soils and rock.
What you will be doing
Work will include a variety of engineering analyses including foundation design, leg penetration/extraction analysis, drivability analyses, geotechnical interpretations and cable route assessment, as well as data manipulation and integration for the development of geotechnical interpretive reports. The successful candidate will fulfil a consultant/senior consultant (depending on experience) within our global geoteam and will support and lead projects in all active offshore development areas around the world.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Leading and managing geosciences work packages for offshore wind development:
- Strategy and management plan preparation
- Development of survey specifications
- Preparation of procurement documentation
- Tender management and evaluation
- Survey management
- Data and package interfaces management
- Supporting a variety of engineering analyses including foundation design, leg penetration/extraction analysis, drivability analyses, geotechnical interpretations and cable route assessment.
- Undertaking/supervising desk studies and assess sources of site information prior to field investigations.
- Reviewing geotechnical designs, method statements and submissions by third parties to ensure geotechnical issues are accounted for.
- Ensuring all deliverables are conducted in full compliance with approved instructions, procedures and policies.
- Taking a lead in business development activities.
- Attending conferences, writing and delivering technical papers, representing OWC and promoting our skills and competencies in the offshore wind sector.
- Independently preparing tenders and proposals.
- Supporting the running of the geoteam: providing line management, coaching and mentoring of junior geotechnical engineers.
This role offers a flexible working structure, i.e. combination of working from home and office attendance with flexibility to working hours. Please note, occasional travel within Europe and further overseas is foreseen. It is also envisaged that the role will involve offshore work on occasions.
What we are looking for
We are seeking an individual with strong interpersonal and organisational skills. The candidate should possess an outgoing and pragmatic nature, showcasing strength of character. Essential qualities include attention to detail, a high level of numerical accuracy, and the ability to prioritize work effectively. The ideal candidate should also possess the following:
- An Engineering or Geology degree. MSc in related subject and PhD in Engineering is advantageous.
- At least 3 years’ experience as a geotechnical engineer in the design and management of geosciences aspects within the offshore wind industry.
- Excellent geotechnical engineering knowledge.
- The ability to co-ordinate, direct and lead projects.
- The ability to scope, manage, supervise and interpret offshore geotechnical and geophysical site investigations.
- The ability to undertake and oversee geotechnical works such as pile capacity, driveability & jack-up leg penetration analyses.
- Good technical knowledge of foundation design as well as offshore design and construction.
- Attention to detail and high level of numerical accuracy and the ability to prioritise work.
The following qualifications and skills are considered desirable:
- Chartered member of a relevant professional institutional body.
- Direct working experience as geosciences package manager and or survey manager.
- Direct exposure to geotechnical engineering design.
- Direct working experience as a geotechnical engineer offshore on vessels or jack-ups, and on offshore wind projects.
- Proficient in the use of software and programming: Matlab, Python, Visual Basic, Plaxis, FLAC3D, GRLWEAP and gINT and general programming.
- Proficiency in another language is an advantage.
What is in it for you?
You can learn more about our team and what we do here: https://owcltd.com/
Join us and grow with us.
We will be conducting interviews continuously and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
For your application to be taken into consideration, please be advised, that you must submit your application via the link provided on this page.
We look forward to receiving your application.
No recruitment agencies.
ABL Group is a leading global independent energy and marine consultant working in energy and oceans to de-risk and drive the energy transition across the renewables, maritime and oil and gas sectors, offering our clients the deepest pool of world-class expertise across marine and engineering disciplines from more than 300 locations worldwide.
The ABL Group has offices in all major marine and energy hubs worldwide. We have 62 offices in 38 countries across Europe, Africa, the Americas, the Middle East, Asia, and Australia.
The ABL Group is a publicly listed company on the Oslo Stock Exchange (ABL).
Apply nowJob expired?
Please let OWC know you found this job on Rejobs. This will help us grow and get more people to work on renewable energy!
About the role
Jan 14, 2024
Jul 13, 2024
London, United Kingdom
At least 3 years’ experience as a geotechnical engineer in the design and management of geosciences aspects within the offshore wind industry.
Share with Friends
The stakes are high, and the time for talk has passed. Now is the time for action. Help a friend accelerate the shift to a sustainable future.
Share this job - Senior Geotechnical Engineer - with your folks, and help them find a career to be proud of.