PowerMarket is a quickly growing company working at the intersection of energy, policy, and software that believes the future of clean energy is digital. We're a leader in the community solar industry and provide services to energy developers, municipal organizations and utilities, among others to help them manage and administer their clean energy programs.
We're looking for an experienced support and/or communications professional with direct call center experience. In this role, you will help people understand the benefits of community energy programs, facilitate their enrollment, and provide excellent customer service to ensure they remain active participants.
We are a 100% employee-owned company that is growing rapidly. We are based out of the Urban Tech Hub at Company, a vertical innovation campus, located near Grand Central Terminal in midtown Manhattan, and we have been working remotely and will be embracing a hybrid work paradigm going forward.
- Explain complex solar and energy industry concepts in accessible terms
- Develop relationships with prospective community solar subscribers in a fast-paced environment over phone, email, web chat, and any other relevant communication channels
- Provide excellent customer service by quickly answering questions, anticipating and addressing people’s concerns, and troubleshooting technical problems
- Collect, analyze and share customer feedback to internal teams to improve customer service experience
- Draft email templates, scripts, and other materials to support customer interaction
- Assist customers with billing issues both simple and complex
- Ability to quickly learn about state and utility rules and processes as they relate to participation in a renewable energy program
- Previous sales and/or call-center experience
- Fantastic verbal and written communication skills
- Spanish language fluency a plus
- Passion for the clean energy industry and a strong desire to learn more
- Good Microsoft Office skills - the ability to manage and analyze data using MS Excel is an added bonus
- Bachelor's degree in communications or equivalent professional experience
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
Highly competitive salary in the $60,000 – $65,000 range (or commensurate with experience), a great benefits package, and the chance to join a tremendous team.
Send a current resume and brief cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as Indeed is not responsible for the employer's application process.
Apply nowJob expired?
Please let PowerMarket know you found this job on Rejobs. This will help us grow and get more people to work on renewable energy!
About the role
Jan 16, 2024
Jul 13, 2024
New York, NY, United States
Share with Friends
The stakes are high, and the time for talk has passed. Now is the time for action. Help a friend accelerate the shift to a sustainable future.
Share this job - Customer Support Specialist - with your folks, and help them find a career to be proud of.