Sargent & Lundy is one of the most experienced full-service architect-engineering firms in the world. Founded in 1891, the firm is a global leader in power and energy with expertise in grid modernization, renewable energy, energy storage, nuclear power, and fossil fuels. Sargent & Lundy delivers comprehensive project services—from consulting, design and implementation to construction management, commissioning and operations/maintenance—with an emphasis on quality and safety. The firm serves public and private sector clients in the power and energy, gas distribution, industrial, and government sectors.
Our Core Values
Every decision we make is guided by our core values. By upholding these six principles, we support our clients, employees, and community. They are the compass we follow as we continue to grow our business and lead the industry.
- Quality – We provide high-quality deliverables and services through an uncompromising focus on peer review, safety, and continuous improvement.
- Accountability – Our actions demonstrate the highest levels of professionalism, integrity, and respect.
- Our People – We value diverse perspectives, encourage professional growth, and are committed to providing a work community where people thrive. Our work is challenging but rewarding.
- Our Clients – We deliver value and exceed our clients’ expectations through outstanding customer service, personal accessibility, and clear communication.
- Innovation – Since 1891, we have invested in the people, training, tools, and technology needed to quickly adapt in a constantly changing world.
- Meaningful Impact – We make a positive impact in the communities where we work and live.
Project teams in our Energy & Industrial Group (EIG) support industry-leading projects in power generation, plant design, environmental compliance, mid/downstream oil & gas, and multi-disciplined industrial projects. We’re leading efforts to decarbonize the industry by utilizing advanced technologies in renewable energy, carbon capture, and hydrogen power. Our EIG teams perform detailed engineering services for photovoltaic (PV) solar projects and the integration of solar and energy storage. We’re the industry leader in carbon capture technologies with experience executing pilot-scale to commercial-scale projects for utilities, industrial plants, and direct air capture. We provide engineering services for green hydrogen production via electrolysis using solar, wind, hydro, and nuclear power sources and we support on-site usage in power generation, fuel cells, and fueling stations.
- This position will offer you the opportunity to utilize and expand your civil engineering degree and skills, while working in a multi-disciplined team environment with other engineers and/or designers in the design, modification, and analysis of power plants, substations, transmission lines and similar industrial systems.
- As a member of a multi-disciplined engineering and design team, you will work on a wide range of power plant projects and perform civil site development work that includes preparing calculations, designs, and specifications.
- As a member of the Civil Engineering group, you will coordinate with project managers, client personnel, contractors and suppliers, and permitting agency personnel as necessary to ensure a complete and timely design.
- Depending on the scope of work and the complexity of the design, you may guide other civil engineers and civil designers in taking on and completing civil engineering project work.
- Your responsibilities may include the following:
- Prepare calculations relating to storm water drainage, sanitary sewer systems, pavement thickness, ponds and landfills, and earthwork to support permitting and design.
- Prepare technical specifications to define construction requirements.
- Prepare site layout, grading, and drainage designs, and work with designers to accurately portray designs in 3-D models and design drawings.
- Design storm drainage systems, roads, trackwork, water storage and wastewater disposal ponds, and solid waste landfills.
- Review contractor and material submittal drawings and other vendor documentation for conformity with technical specifications.
- There is the potential for you to travel to client offices for design reviews and to plant site locations for construction coordination and field verification of designs.
Dependent upon your location, this opportunity offers a generous relocation package.
We do not sponsor employees for work authorization in the U.S. for this position.
Essential skills and experience:
- This position requires a BSCE from an ABET Engineering Accreditation Commission-approved program.
- Puerto Rico PE license is required.
- Five or more years of working in a project team environment in the design of industrial projects, power plant experience preferred, with specific experience in site grading and mass earthwork, storm water management, sanitary sewage systems, process wastewater systems, and road and railroad track design.
- Experience in technical writing for reports, calculations, and specifications.
- Experience in preparing, submitting, and obtaining site related permits from regulatory agencies.
- Proficiency with one or more of the following civil engineering design tools: Civil 3D, StormCad, PondPack, and AutoTurn.
- Must be bilingual in Spanish and English (Speak, Read, and Write).
- Proficiency with MS Office applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to work in a team environment is essential.
- This position in based in San Juan, PR and may require occasional travel.
Sargent & Lundy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any protected status as defined by law.
Apply nowJob expired?
Please let Sargent & Lundy know you found this job on Rejobs. This will help us grow and get more people to work on renewable energy!
About the role
Jan 23, 2024
Jul 13, 2024
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Share with Friends
The stakes are high, and the time for talk has passed. Now is the time for action. Help a friend accelerate the shift to a sustainable future.
Share this job - Civil Engineer - Senior-Level - with your folks, and help them find a career to be proud of.