Green Empowerment is a Portland, Oregon-based non-profit that works with partners across the globe to provide access to renewable energy and clean water in rural and Indigenous communities. Green Empowerment supports integrated projects that improve human well-being, are sustainable over time, limit the impacts of climate change, and have the potential for broad impact beyond any one community. Founded in 1997, we work with a network of over 24 partners in Nicaragua, Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia, Colombia, Honduras, the Philippines, Malaysia (Borneo), Myanmar, Indonesia, Sri Lanka and Uganda.
About the Position
Green Empowerment is seeking a Fund Development Manager to join our dedicated and passionate Engagement Team. This self-starter will support fundraising efforts for the organization, managing the execution of our fund development plan, owning key strategies within the plan and tracking toward fundraising targets. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: leading the strategy on general fundraising activities, corporate sponsorships, and events; supporting the Executive Director on major donor strategy; and collaborating with the engagement team to achieve our fundraising goals.
This position is ideal for a candidate with fundraising experience ready to take on more ownership with an established, effective, global organization. The position is designed for hybrid remote with some office hours at our headquarters in Portland, OR. Applicants that wish to work 100% remotely may be considered. This position will report to the Engagement Director and work with the globally distributed Green Empowerment team.
- Experience managing fundraising activities for a mission-driven organization
- Highly organized and efficient with ability to successfully multitask
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written, are required
- Excellent time management skills
- High attention to detail, with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Advanced use of Microsoft Office suite, Google suite, and donor management software
- Strong interest in Green Empowerment’s mission and grassroots development approach
- Bilingual and bicultural applicants strongly encouraged to apply
- Must have legal permission to work in the United States
- Spanish language proficiency, preferred
- Experience working with a multicultural team, preferred
- Experience fundraising for 501(c)(3) non-profit organization(s), preferred
Key Responsibilities and Functions
Leading execution of our fund development plan, including:
- Develop familiarity with our supporters, values and avenues for fundraising contributions.
- Lead steward for general supporters, working closely with the Engagement Coordinator to ensure donor stewardship activities are timely, effective and responsive.
- Execute and assign donor communications including emails and phone calls, for gift acknowledgement, personal invitations to events, etc.
- Work with the Engagement Director to support mailed and email campaigns, writing campaign copy,integrating donor-centric language into messaging and informing targeting.
- Work closely with the Executive Director to support major donor stewardship and new donor cultivation activities, supporting the strategy, execution and tracking on KPIs .
- Oversee event planning and execution for in-person events, including private small events, public informational events and fundraising events.
- Oversee corporate sponsorship strategy and execution, including stewardship of existing sponsors and supporting cultivation of new corporate donors.
- Engage with the Board of Directors and Associate Board on specific fund development activities.
- Offer logistical and strategy support for staff travel to network with individual and Foundation supporters and for donors to visit projects, in alignment with donor cultivation strategy.
- Opportunities to travel domestically and internationally to support Engagement Team events or priorities. Travel to see projects is not required, but is encouraged when travel is deemed safe for political or health reasons.
- Potential to manage Green Empowerment Associate Board, a network of young professionals that volunteer to help spread the word about Green Empowerment.
- Other engagement- and fundraising-related duties as assigned.
The position is designed as a full-time, $60,000/year, exempt position with benefits. Candidates wishing to work 32 hours will be considered. Full Benefits include: 100% employer-paid medical insurance with partial payment for family members, employer sponsored retirement plan with employer contribution, five weeks of paid time off (prorated by hours worked per week), 11 paid holidays plus the week off between Christmas and New Year’s Day. This position is based in Portland, OR, with potential for remote work.
Green Empowerment provides equal employment opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants without unlawful regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veterans status, marital status, or any other status protected by applicable federal, Oregon, or local law.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Apply by submitting your cover letter and resume through our account with BambooHR: https://greenempowerment.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=15
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as Indeed is not responsible for the employer's application process.
Apply nowJob expired?
Please let Green Empowerment know you found this job on Rejobs. This will help us grow and get more people to work on renewable energy!
About the role
Jan 23, 2024
Jul 13, 2024
Portland, OR, United States
Share with Friends
The stakes are high, and the time for talk has passed. Now is the time for action. Help a friend accelerate the shift to a sustainable future.
Share this job - Fund Development Manager - with your folks, and help them find a career to be proud of.