Sr. Director of Energy Storage & EV Solutions
Ameresco seeks a Senior Director of Energy Storage & EV Solutions for a full-time hybrid position in Portland, ME. Requires 7+ years renewable energy project development and 3+ years energy storage experience.
Ameresco, Inc. (NYSE:AMRC) is a leading cleantech integrator and renewable energy asset developer, owner and operator. Our comprehensive portfolio includes energy efficiency, infrastructure upgrades, asset sustainability and renewable energy solutions delivered to clients throughout North America and Europe. Our solutions range from upgrades to facility’s energy infrastructure to the development, construction and operation of renewable energy plants combined with tailored financial solutions. We foster an entrepreneurial, collaborative, and forward-thinking culture that thrives with innovation, diversity of thought, and inclusion. We are excited with all that the future holds for our industry, planet, and communities.
Ameresco is looking for a Senior Director of Energy Storage & EV Solutions to be a part of the Federal National team to develop a significant portfolio of energy storage and infrastructure projects. This includes projects behind the meter and in front of meter solutions. Given the portfolio of federal and Utility customers, this can be remote position.
- Help identify innovative opportunities for energy storage and EV infrastructure deployment, such as via new technologies or pursuit of new markets with strong economic drivers for energy storage.
- Understand and recommend BESS manufacturers, track technology advancements with associated costs.
- Support project development needs pertaining to renewable energy, cogeneration, microgrid controls, EV charging, and energy efficiency measures.
- Lead team in support of project development efforts for energy storage and microgrid projects with US Federal Government agencies, gathering relevant project information and data, including making site visits to federal military and civilian facilities.
- Evaluate and vet new energy storage and EV charging project opportunities to determine which opportunities are worth pursuing based on technical, economic, market and project screening criteria.
- Gather and analyze project information including: utility rates and ISO services; utility data and existing building and site information for existing facilities that may host BESS; potential utility company, federal, state, and local subsidies such as rebates, grants, and other market incentives.
- Conduct engineering analysis to design system architecture and calculate project cost, savings and revenue opportunities.
- Use Excel and Python based software tools to perform technical and economic modeling of energy storage systems to design energy storage systems utilized for customer utility bill savings, energy market participation and resiliency.
- Support Electrical Engineers with Interconnect Application processes for energy storage and distributed generation systems.
- Identify registration and application requirements for participation in Ancillary Services and Energy Markets.
- Identify other grant and subsidy programs available from Utilities, Independent System Operators (ISOs), State and Federal Government and other sources
- Participate in regulatory and policy discussions through industry associations, and state level programs.
- Lead bid processes of energy storage system procurement by developing scopes of work, issuing requests for bids from energy storage vendors, and selecting technologies and vendors for project proposal.
- Contribute to technical writing of project proposals and responses to industry RFIs and RFPs.
- Work to develop commissioning and testing plans.
- Support activity related to construction, operation and maintenance of energy storage systems as needed.
- Work with O&M and M&V teams to assess performance of deployed assets and collect field data to inform future project development. Suggest performance improvement opportunities where available.
- Work with marketing and communication team to expand Ameresco’s thought leadership position and brand awareness as an energy storage and clean energy infrastructure leader.
- Spearhead and support relevant publications & marketing campaigns and participate in industry events as appropriate.
- Perform other duties as required
- Bachelor Degree in engineering or finance
- Minimum seven years of renewable energy project development and at least three years proven energy storage development experience
- Demonstrated understanding of current engineering principles associated with analysis of power systems, electrical interconnection, battery energy storage systems, microgrid controls, data monitoring/reporting systems.
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Excel required including analyzing financial proformas, dispatch schedules and energy arbitrage.
- Understanding project finance and how to underwrite and project economics.
- Knowledge of utility revenue streams and participation in ISO markets.
- Project development experience a plus.
- Detail oriented with ability to work collaboratively with team members nearby and remotely, managing multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong organization skills.
- Excellent verbal, written, and communication skills.
- Some travel required to meet project requirements.
AMERESCO challenges the brightest, most talented and creative individuals in the industry by providing an environment that embraces initiative, diversity, and achievement along with comprehensive rewards, including people-oriented insurance, investment, and incentive plans.
Genuine Ameresco communications use @ameresco.com emails; any other domain is fraudulent. Report suspected phishing to 1-866-AMERESCO.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/Women/Minorities/Veteran/Disability.
Apply nowJob expired?
Please let Ameresco know you found this job on Rejobs. This will help us grow and get more people to work on renewable energy!
About the role
Jan 17, 2024
Jul 13, 2024
Portland, ME, United States
Minimum seven years of renewable energy project development and at least three years proven energy storage development experience
Share with Friends
The stakes are high, and the time for talk has passed. Now is the time for action. Help a friend accelerate the shift to a sustainable future.
Share this job - Sr. Director of Energy Storage & EV Solutions - with your folks, and help them find a career to be proud of.