Entry-Level Electrical / Control Systems Engineer
Entry-Level Electrical / Control Systems Engineer position in Richland, WA. Full-time role with competitive salary and benefits at Sargent & Lundy, a global leader in power and energy.
Sargent & Lundy is one of the most experienced full-service architect-engineering firms in the world. Founded in 1891, the firm is a global leader in power and energy with expertise in grid modernization, renewable energy, energy storage, nuclear power, and fossil fuels. Sargent & Lundy delivers comprehensive project services—from consulting, design and implementation to construction management, commissioning and operations/maintenance—with an emphasis on quality and safety. The firm serves public and private sector clients in the power and energy, gas distribution, industrial, and government sectors.
Our Core Values
Every decision we make is guided by our core values. By upholding these six principles, we support our clients, employees, and community. They are the compass we follow as we continue to grow our business and lead the industry.
- Quality – We provide high-quality deliverables and services through an uncompromising focus on peer review, safety, and continuous improvement.
- Accountability – Our actions demonstrate the highest levels of professionalism, integrity, and respect.
- Our People – We value diverse perspectives, encourage professional growth, and are committed to providing a work community where people thrive. Our work is challenging but rewarding.
- Our Clients – We deliver value and exceed our clients’ expectations through outstanding customer service, personal accessibility, and clear communication.
- Innovation – Since 1891, we have invested in the people, training, tools, and technology needed to quickly adapt in a constantly changing world.
- Meaningful Impact – We make a positive impact in the communities where we work and live.
Sargent & Lundy’s Government Services Division provides cutting-edge engineering design and consulting support to the management and operating contractors for US Department of Energy (DOE) sites and national laboratories. Specifically, we support the DOE Environmental Management Directorate as well as the National Nuclear Security Administration laboratories and sites. What does this mean? You can be a part of multi-discipline design teams supporting projects cleaning up the environmental damage associated with the legacy nuclear weapons production complex and/or preserving our country’s nuclear deterrent. Sargent & Lundy’s personnel design facilities, systems, and equipment that treat, store, and dispose of nuclear waste as well as systems that safely handle and process nuclear material. This mission-critical work is meaningful and challenging – work you can be proud of.
As a member of a multi-disciplined project team, this position will offer you the opportunity to utilize and expand your academic background in Electrical / Computer Engineering.
- Work on project teams with other I&C engineers involved in the design of new Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) based control systems, Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS), and other industrial control system platforms
- You will be involved in the preparation of design media and specifications for the procurement and implementation of software, instrumentation, and control system platforms
- Through mentoring, classroom-style technical sessions, and on-the-job training, you will increase your knowledge and skills in your engineering discipline
- There is the potential for you to travel to client and vendor offices for design reviews and to plant site locations for construction coordination and field verification of designs
- Develop your career via peer learning by way of Sargent & Lundy's systems of process and associated Communities of Practice
Must be a U.S. Citizen; Dual citizenship with a country other than the U.S. does not qualify.
- Requires a BSEE or MSEE from an ABET accredited program
- Strong academic background and coursework in software and programming
- Proficiency with MS Office applications, with an emphasis on MS Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective experience working in a collaborative team environment
- Exceptional work habits
- Resourceful and enthusiastic attitude
$70,000 - $79,000
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short- & Long-Term Disability
- Voluntary Insurance – Accident, Critical Illness, and Hospital Indemnity
- Business Travel Insurance
- Savings Investment Plan (401k)
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- First Professional Licensure Monetary Award
- Employee Assistance Program
- Parental Benefits
- Back-Up Care for Children & Adults
- Merit Scholarship Program
Sargent & Lundy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any protected status as defined by law.
Apply nowJob expired?
Please let Sargent & Lundy know you found this job on Rejobs. This will help us grow and get more people to work on renewable energy!
About the role
Jan 16, 2024
Jul 13, 2024
Richland, WA, United States
Share with Friends
The stakes are high, and the time for talk has passed. Now is the time for action. Help a friend accelerate the shift to a sustainable future.
Share this job - Entry-Level Electrical / Control Systems Engineer - with your folks, and help them find a career to be proud of.