Electrical Project Manager
Join Blue Power Partners in The Woodlands, TX, and contribute to accelerating the green transition in the renewable energy sector. Full-time role with a global consultancy company.
Are you an experienced Lead Electrical Engineer or an Electrical Project Manager in the renewable energy sector? And do you want to make a difference that really matters? We are looking for an Electrical Project Manager to join our high-growth company that puts its people first.
Why join us?
This is an exciting opportunity to join a global company with a strong vision to accelerate the green transition. We support worldwide leading financial institutions, asset owners, and technology companies within origination, development, modelling, construction, and performance optimization of onshore/offshore wind, solar, PtX, and storage projects.
The renewable energy market in the US is fast growing, and we are on a growth trajectory too. We have recently opened an entity in Houston/TX, and are looking for more enthusiastic colleagues to join us in accelerating the green transition based on renewable energy technologies.
We proudly provide best-in-class advisory services and need new team members to help us expand the workforce. We are growing our development organization and are looking for an experienced colleague to help us expand our Electrical scopes and activities in the US. You will join our team in Houston that is engaged in the development of wind, solar, energy storage, PtX and PHS projects. The role as Electrical Project Manager requires adaptability and flexibility. You work closely together with the team in the USA, but you will also have strong ties to the rest of the team worldwide.
How will you contribute to our team
As an Electrical Project Manager, you will contribute with the following:
- Definition and Negotiation of the Scope of Work
- Communicate information about local conditions for grid connection to organization and project team
- Review electrical specifications in BOP and OEM contracts and ensure compliance with local grid requirements
- Responsible for the Project’s Deliverables such as: Single Line Diagrams, Load Lists, Cable (routing and sizing), Design Reports, Power System Studies, Cost Estimates, Equipment and Substations Layouts. Etc.
- Review electrical design for compliance with relevant electrical grid code and requirements
- Definition and sizing of Electrical Equipment for substations including Power factor compensation and Power Quality
- Technical Review of Project Documents and QA/QC processes.
What you bring
Like the rest of us, you are passionate about developing renewable power, and you thrive in an international, multicultural environment where agility, flexibility, and adaptability are vital drivers.
You are open-minded, willing to adapt to a changing environment, and set the bar high when creating results. With the right balance of professional skills and a personal mindset, you will get a unique opportunity to grow and develop with our team. We expect you to have a permanent work permit/green card for the USA.
We expect you to enrich our business with the following experience:
- BSc. or MSc. in High Voltage Engineering or other relevant degree in Electrical Engineering
- +7 years’ hands-on experience with HV power system design and studies, calculations, equipment sizing and specifications – preferably from renewable industry
- Knowledge and understanding of power system studies and simulation tools such as PowerFactory and PSCAD is beneficial.
- Experience with relevant electrical grid codes and connection processes to the grid.
- Understanding of contracts
- English at Full Professional Proficiency
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to manage interfaces and cooperation across various stakeholders
- Organized and having the big picture of a complex contractual and electrical design land scape
- Results-oriented while working with many tasks and short deadlines
- Flexible, agile and adaptable
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English
- “Can Do” Attitude
Application and contact
For additional information about this position, please contact Manager - Electrical Engineer, Electrical, SCADA & Telecom, Francesco Grande at email@example.com
Please apply for this job via https://bluepowerpartners.com/careers/
About Blue Power Partners
Our people are our greatest asset and the drivers of our success. Working at Blue Power Partners should be inspiring and guided by our purpose. We aim to hire the best people from a wide variety of backgrounds to ensure a broad range of skills from a variety of cultures. Our company is growing rapidly based on our strong company values, and we are committed to maintaining an agile environment with a strong can-do, dynamic, and entrepreneurial spirit. Having 32 different nationalities employed and offices worldwide, we are used to working across time zones.
Blue Power Partners was founded/established in Denmark, Europe, in 2016, where our HQ is situated. Since then, we have been fast-growing and have opened entities in Spain, India, Australia, Taiwan, South Korea, Italy and others. Now, we are ready to increase our footprint in the US by opening an entity. Our individual and collective approach to all our work is underpinned by our values – Trust, Entrepreneurship, and Balance. We recruit talented people based on our values that do not just live in the hallways but in our people’s hearts.
Our office is situated in Houston at 3120 Southwest Freeway; Houston, TX 77098 (but for this role, we are open to profiles across the US)
Blue Power Partners, US
1780 Hughes Landing Blvd.
77380 The Woodlands
United States Texas
About Blue Power Partners
Blue Power Partners is a global consultancy company that supports worldwide leading developers, asset owners and technology companies within origination, development, construction and performance optimization of onshore/offshore wind, solar, PtX and storage projects.
We are determined to drive change, and guided by our vision to accelerate the green transition, we work collectively to make a difference that really matters. You will join a diverse team of colleagues who all share our vision and passion for renewable energy. It is an essential part of our culture that we support each other, learn from each other, and celebrate each other's achievements. Together, we make a real difference.
During the recruitment process, Blue Power Partners is processing all registered personal data in compliance with the European General Data Protection (GDPR), and we reserve the right to screen the SM accounts of potential candidates.
Apply nowJob expired?
Please let Blue Power Partners know you found this job on Rejobs. This will help us grow and get more people to work on renewable energy!
About the role
Jan 16, 2024
Jul 13, 2024
The Woodlands, TX, United States
+7 years’ hands-on experience with HV power system design and studies, calculations, equipment sizing and specifications – preferably from renewable industry
UTC-06:00 — UTC-05:00
Share with Friends
The stakes are high, and the time for talk has passed. Now is the time for action. Help a friend accelerate the shift to a sustainable future.
Share this job - Electrical Project Manager - with your folks, and help them find a career to be proud of.