Sargent & Lundy is one of the most experienced full-service architect-engineering firms in the world. Founded in 1891, the firm is a global leader in power and energy with expertise in grid modernization, renewable energy, energy storage, nuclear power, and fossil fuels. Sargent & Lundy delivers comprehensive project services—from consulting, design and implementation to construction management, commissioning and operations/maintenance—with an emphasis on quality and safety. The firm serves public and private sector clients in the power and energy, gas distribution, industrial, and government sectors.
Our Core Values
Every decision we make is guided by our core values. By upholding these six principles, we support our clients, employees, and community. They are the compass we follow as we continue to grow our business and lead the industry.
- Quality – We provide high-quality deliverables and services through an uncompromising focus on peer review, safety, and continuous improvement.
- Accountability – Our actions demonstrate the highest levels of professionalism, integrity, and respect.
- Our People – We value diverse perspectives, encourage professional growth, and are committed to providing a work community where people thrive. Our work is challenging but rewarding.
- Our Clients – We deliver value and exceed our clients’ expectations through outstanding customer service, personal accessibility, and clear communication.
- Innovation – Since 1891, we have invested in the people, training, tools, and technology needed to quickly adapt in a constantly changing world.
- Meaningful Impact – We make a positive impact in the communities where we work and live.
This position offers a hybrid schedule with the expectation of 3 days per week in the office, and the remainder remote / virtual.
Responsibilities may include the following:
- Design transmission lines in the 69kV to 765kV range.
- Mentor and train less experienced design team members.
- Coordinate design activities to ensure installation and operations will comply with specifications, codes, and client requirements.
- Prepare reports and studies that present technical information in a clear and concise manner and meet client requirements and S&L formats.
- Perform independent reviews of work performed by others including calculations, drawing preparation, and transmission line models based in PLS-CADD.
- Adhere to Sargent & Lundy's System of Processes.
Dependent upon your location, this opportunity offers a generous relocation package.
We do not sponsor employees for work authorization in the U.S. for this position.
Essential skills and experience
- BS degree from an ABET-accredited engineering program.
- 10 or more years of transmission design experience.
- Proficiency with PLS-CADD software.
- Experience must include preparation of scopes of work, development of conceptual designs, determination of design basis, the selection of equipment and materials, and the preparation and assembling of calculations and specifications.
- Experience working directly with clients on transmission lines from 69kV through 500kV.
- Knowledge of engineering standards including NESC, IEC, ASCE, ACI, IEEE and ANSI.
- Experience reviewing design drawings created by others.
Valued but not required skills and experience
- PE license
- PMP certification
- Construction experience
- Familiarity with ArcGIS
Sargent & Lundy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any protected status as defined by law.
Apply nowJob expired?
Please let Sargent & Lundy know you found this job on Rejobs. This will help us grow and get more people to work on renewable energy!
About the role
Jan 16, 2024
Jul 13, 2024
Reading, PA, United States
10 or more years
Share with Friends
The stakes are high, and the time for talk has passed. Now is the time for action. Help a friend accelerate the shift to a sustainable future.
Share this job - Lead Transmission Line Engineer - with your folks, and help them find a career to be proud of.