Director of Development
Ascend Analytics seeks a hands-on Software Engineering Manager committed to climate technologies. Lead a collaborative team advancing software solutions for the clean-tech power revolution.
Ascend Analytics is an innovative "climate tech" software and consulting company focused on energy analytics that are transforming the electric grid to renewables. Ascend's solutions provide the analytics to support critical power supply decisions from operating strategies over the next hour, to hedging and budgeting decisions over the next five years, to long-term investment and resource planning decisions over the next thirty years.
We are looking for a hands-on Software Engineering Manager with a serious commitment to climate technologies. As a key leader at Ascend Analytics, you will be leading a collaborative team advancing software solutions and analytics to support the clean-tech power revolution. Your strong software engineering skills will support mission critical decision analytics.
For more information, visit www.ascendanalytics.com
- Mentorship: As an Engineering Manager, you'll have the opportunity to mentor and guide junior engineers, sharing your expertise and contributing to their professional growth.
- Technical Leadership: You will be the driving force behind the design and development of our back-end software applications, with a primary focus on Python. Your architectural insights will be pivotal in shaping mission-critical decision analytics for the global renewable energy and battery storage industry.
- Project Leadership: Manage projects, provide code reviews, and contribute to advanced system design discussions. Your experience will be instrumental in shaping the direction of our software solutions.
- Craft clean, scalable, and production-ready Python code that underpins our clean-tech software solutions.
- Drive performance, stability, and scalability through code refactoring.
- Architect systems for collecting, storing, and processing large-scale data.
- Collaborate with other product teams and groups, bridging the gap between technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Foster a culture of excellence by conducting code reviews and performance assessments.
Qualifications and Experience
- 2+ years of technical management experience and/or 3-5+ years of Technical Lead experience
- 8+ years of experience as a back-end software engineer.
- BS or MS in Engineering, Computer Science, Data/Information Science, or related fields.
- Strong skills/proficiency in Python and at least one other programming language i.e. Java, C#, Ruby, Rust, Julia.
- Familiarity with data processing libraries (e.g., Pandas, Numpy, Scikit-Learn).
- Flexibility to support complex technical issues and critical customer outages for our customers during their times of need.
Preferred Skills and Knowledge
- Full-stack application design and RESTful web services development.
- Exposure to cloud computing platforms (e.g., Azure, AWS) and containerization (e.g., Docker).
- Knowledge of data science, statistics, and machine learning.
$160,000 - $220,000
We offer flexible work hours in a relaxed environment with opportunities for advancement and excellent benefits, including medical, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, parental leave, dependent care spending account, and a 401k plan.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Ascend Analytics is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Ascend Analytics is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as Indeed is not responsible for the employer's application process.
Apply nowJob expired?
Please let Ascend Analytics know you found this job on Rejobs. This will help us grow and get more people to work on renewable energy!
About the role
Jan 18, 2024
Jul 13, 2024
Boulder, CO, United States
Share with Friends
The stakes are high, and the time for talk has passed. Now is the time for action. Help a friend accelerate the shift to a sustainable future.
Share this job - Director of Development - with your folks, and help them find a career to be proud of.