Our Energy Management Department is looking for an Energy Markets Manager - Nordics to join its European team, based in Stockholm or Helsinki.
As the renewable energy market evolves, Neoen assets are increasingly exposed to the electricity markets:
- Because only part of the solar or wind assets are contracted through a long term PPA
- Because the PPAs may induce a market exposure (minimum or maximum contracted volume, defined hourly curves…)
- Because they can offer different services. For example, storage assets can be active on several frequency services or on the energy markets (intraday or balancing).
Managing this growing exposure to energy markets and supporting Neoen development with market expertise and modelling are the main missions of the Energy Management Department. Historically settled in Sydney, the Energy Management Department expended in Paris since end 2020 to manage our existing assets in Europe and Central America and support Neoen expansion in our different geographies.
As part of the Energy Management Europe team, directly reporting the Head of Energy Management Europe, the Energy Markets Manager will have the following responsibilities:
- Support Neoen ambitious expansion plans and contribute to commercial development by bringing combination of market expertise and quantitative analysis:
- Build up and share expertise about regulatory frameworks and market structures (Energy markets, Capacity markets, Reserve markets…) in our different geographies, with a strong focus on the Nordics area (Sweden and Finland)
- Assess market fundamentals and trends, monitor regulatory evolutions and elaborate go-to-market strategies
- Deliver long-term power markets analysis by leveraging external scenarios and models and developing internal ones
- Build optimization and modeling tools (in collaboration with the Energy Management Department Quantitative Engineers) and/or deliver data-driven analysis to support development of new business models (stand-alone storage, solar + storage, non-vanilla PPA…)
- Integrate quantitative observations, market knowledge and experience into business and strategic recommendations
- Support contractual negotiations with Neoen customers led by the local Development teams (Nordics mainly)
- In cooperation with the Finance team (and the Energy Management Department Quantitative Engineers as the case may be), model the value of innovative products (such as structured prices and options for instance) and analyze their potential impact on accounting and financial reporting)
- Lead the market operations of our Nordics portfolio:
- For our grid-scale batteries in Finland and Sweden:
- Supervise and monitor bidding operations (reserves, wholesale, balancing...) and market performances of our grid-scale batteries
- Improve bidding strategies and tools to adapt to market conditions and maximize revenues, in collaboration with the Energy Management Department Quantitatives Engineers
- Optimize technical capabilities (SoC management, combination of services, maintenance planning...), in collaboration with our Asset Managers and our Technical Experts
- For our generation portfolio:
- Identify, analyze and quantify merchant risk, and propose hedging strategies
N.B. Regular travelling will be required (mainly in Europe).
Please mention the location you prefer in your application.
- Master’s Degree in Science, Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Finance or Data Science
- 5+ year experience in the energy industry with a strong understanding of electricity markets
- Past experience in Nordics (Sweden or Finland) power markets would be strongly appreciated
- Strong analytical skills with experience of building models leveraging optimization and Data Science techniques
- Technical and programming skills in Python, including with libraries for Machine Learning (Keras, Scikit-Learn…) would be a plus
- Fluent in English (Swedish, Finnish or French would be a plus)
- On the soft skills side, we are looking for someone:
- Proactive, curious with a strong appetite for innovation and for proposing and exploring new ideas
- Rigorous, organized and ready to work on several projects in parallel in a fast running and high skilled environment
- Strong communication skills and appetite for international collaboration with teams located in more than 15 different countries
- Data Science
- Electricity Markets
We are an exclusively renewable power producer and energy integrator. We aim at accelerating the energy transition. Present in 17 countries and leader in multiple ones, we design and implement the means to produce the most competitive renewable electricity, sustainably and on a large scale and we provide innovative services to our customers. Our long-term vision is reflected in a strong and sustainable growth strategy, with a 10 GW capacity target (in operation or under construction) by end of 2025. Our flagship operations are France’s most powerful solar farm (300 MWp) in Cestas, Finland’s largest wind farm (404 MW) in Mutkalampi, one of the world’s most competitive solar plants in Mexico (El Llano, 375 MWp) and two of the world’s most powerful large-scale storage plants, both in Australia: Hornsdale Power Reserve (150 MW/193.5 MWh storage capacity) and the Victorian Big Battery (300 MW/450 MWh). Audacity, integrity, commitment, and esprit de corps : our values form the basis of all our relations with business partners, customers, and end-users. These values we share underpin our corporate identity and are borne out in the way we conduct our day-to-day business.
We value diversity
Our complex projects benefit greatly from the input of people with a wide range of backgrounds, views, and skills. We welcome applications from anyone who shares our values and feels they could help us accelerate the energy transition.
Group HR Director
Apply nowJob expired?
Please let Neoen know you found this job on Rejobs. This will help us grow and get more people to work on renewable energy!
About the role
Feb 02, 2024
Jul 26, 2024
Share with Friends
The stakes are high, and the time for talk has passed. Now is the time for action. Help a friend accelerate the shift to a sustainable future.
Share this job - Energy Markets Manager (M/F) - Nordics - with your folks, and help them find a career to be proud of.