Our Energy Management Department is looking for a Markets Operations Manager to join its European team, based in Helsinki. As the renewable energy market evolves, some of Neoen assets are increasingly exposed to the electricity market:
- Because only part of the solar or wind assets are contracted through a long term PPA
- Because the PPAs may induce a market exposure (minimum or maximum contracted volume, defined hourly curves…)
- Because they can sell different services. For example, storage assets can be active on several frequency services or on the energy markets.
This is the case in Australia, Finland, Ireland, El Salvador, and Mexico today. Managing this growing exposure to energy markets and supporting Neoen development with market expertise and modelling are the main missions of the Energy Management Department.
As part of the Energy Management Europe team, the Markets Operations Manager will have the following responsibilities:
Lead the market operations of our European portfolio
- Supervise and monitor bidding operations in the different markets (reserves, wholesale, balancing…)
- Work alongside the rest of the team (Quant, Data Analyst) to enhance our market strategies and expand our front-office capabilities:
- Maintain and improve existing forecasting models
- Identify new strategy, test it, and put it into operations when proved successful
- Collaborate with Asset Managers to maximize asset value through maintenance planning
- Collaborate with our Competence Center to optimize technical capabilities (SoC management, cycling management, combination of services…)
- Maintain relationships with relevant counterparties requiring Energy Management expertise
- Lead the selection process to identify the optimal BRP for our assets
- Participate in PPA negotiations and valuation
- Implement and oversee the Guarantees of Origin sales strategy
Support Neoen ambitious development plans by bringing a combination of market expertise and data-driven analysis
- Analyze the opportunity to become our own BRP/BSP in the Nordic area
- Monitor regulatory changes (framework, grid code, market design…) in the Nordics that directly impact our operations
- Identify new optimization opportunities leveraging field experience gained from operating our assets
- Convert quantitative results into business and strategic recommendations
Help with the day-to-day running of the team
- Monitor and maintain data collection services and databases
- Set up of new data feeds
- Develop and maintain dashboards and reporting tools
NB. Occasional travelling will be required (mainly to Europe, but also punctually to Australia and Central America)
- Education: Master’s Degree in Science, Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Finance or Data Science
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in power markets, ideally in an operational position
- Good programming skills (Python, SQL, TSDB) as well as familiarity with Machine Learning libraries (Keras, Scikit-Learn…)
- Fluency in English is required
- French, Swedish or Finnish would be a plus
- On the soft skills side, we are looking for someone:
- Proactive, curious with a strong appetite for innovation
- Rigorous, organized and ready to work on several projects in parallel in a fast running and high skilled environment
- With strong communication skills and ability to explain complex issues in a concise manner
- And appetite for international collaboration with teams located in more than 15 different countries
- Data Analysis
- Forecasting Models
We are an exclusively renewable power producer and energy integrator. We aim at accelerating the energy transition. Present in 17 countries and leader in multiple ones, we design and implement the means to produce the most competitive renewable electricity, sustainably and on a large scale and we provide innovative services to our customers. Our long-term vision is reflected in a strong and sustainable growth strategy, with a 10 GW capacity target (in operation or under construction) by end of 2025. Our flagship operations are France’s most powerful solar farm (300 MWp) in Cestas, Finland’s largest wind farm (404 MW) in Mutkalampi, one of the world’s most competitive solar plants in Mexico (El Llano, 375 MWp) and two of the world’s most powerful large-scale storage plants, both in Australia: Hornsdale Power Reserve (150 MW/193.5 MWh storage capacity) and the Victorian Big Battery (300 MW/450 MWh). Audacity, integrity, commitment, and esprit de corps : our values form the basis of all our relations with business partners, customers, and end-users. These values we share underpin our corporate identity and are borne out in the way we conduct our day-to-day business.
We value diversity
Our complex projects benefit greatly from the input of people with a wide range of backgrounds, views, and skills. We welcome applications from anyone who shares our values and feels they could help us accelerate the energy transition.
Group HR Director
Apply nowJob expired?
Please let Neoen know you found this job on Rejobs. This will help us grow and get more people to work on renewable energy!
About the role
Feb 02, 2024
Jul 26, 2024
Share with Friends
The stakes are high, and the time for talk has passed. Now is the time for action. Help a friend accelerate the shift to a sustainable future.
Share this job - Markets Operations Manager (M/F) - Finland - with your folks, and help them find a career to be proud of.