European Energy is a Danish-founded green energy company in exponential growth. We develop, construct, and operate projects within solar- (PV) and wind farms globally, as well as Power-to-X. Our core values are the foundation of everything we do: In it together, Trust and courage, Ambition, Excitement, Inclusion, and Agility.
You will be part of the larger global Finance department with total of 85 colleagues across various teams, such as Accounting, Controlling, Group Controlling, TAX, and Group Budgeting & Internal Reporting.
The Finance department is responsible for financial management, planning and reporting, including bookkeeping, budgeting, forecasting, reporting, and compliance. Every quarter the Finance department publishes a financial report.
Your new team
You will head up the Polish team consisting of four Accountants and three Controllers, all located in Warsaw. The Polish Finance team is responsible for the Polish companies and ensures compliance with regulatory and corporate requirements towards company regulation, tax, VAT, bookkeeping, payroll, filings, timeliness, and HR administration.
The team works closely with the Accounting and Controlling teams in the Headquarters in Denmark.
How you will make an impact
You will be part of the leadership team in Poland and you will support the team to deliver solid bookkeeping and compliant reports within all the Polish companies. You will play a key role in leading the local team, supporting the business with Financial tasks, and building a bridge between Finance and the business. To do this you will work with several stakeholders; internal, such as the leadership team and other departments, and external, such as external auditors and Polish authorities.
- Ensure timely, complete, and accurate bookkeeping as per regulatory and corporate requirements in the Reporting & Accounting Manual as issued from time to time, including compulsory local statutory and regulatory filings and settlements
- Provide appropriate financial analysis and insight to the leadership team on the financial performance of the organization and actively ensure optimization of procedures
- Ensure timely and high-quality annual, quarterly, monthly, and ad-hoc analysis and reporting to corporate as defined in the Reporting & Accounting Manual or otherwise required by the Group
- Responsible for preparation and follow-up of budgets and regular forecasts
- Manage relationships with TAX, VAT, payroll and HR administration, and local GAAP reporting in cooperation with external advisors assisting on TAX, VAT, local GAAP, etc.
- Continuous optimization of tasks and processes including participation in cross-organizational projects
- Support in Purchase and Sales Due Diligence processes
- Recruit, retain, and develop adequate talent including appropriate performance management of the team
To thrive in the role we imagine you have the following competencies
You are a strong relationship-builder with a solid financial toolbox, in particular within Accounting and Controlling. You are used to being a people manager and supporting team members in their work. Moreover, we would like you to have the following competencies:
- You have 10+ years of practical experience in audit or Accounting and Finance
- You have 3+ years of leadership experience
- You have a Degree in Auditing/Accounting/Finance
- You have profound skills in TAX, VAT, and other statutory requirements in Poland
- You have excellent knowledge of Local GAAP and preferably IFRS
- You are fully proficient in Polish, oral and written, and good proficiency in English
- You have expertise as a user of Navision Dynamics Business Central, or similar ERP system
With us, you get
- You will get the opportunity to lead a dedicated team of both Accountants and Controllers.
- You will be part of a Danish privately owned company with a truly international environment.
- Knowledge sharing is important for us. We start every Monday with our global weekly morning meeting. Here the executive management and departments give us an update on projects and current focus areas.
- You will be part of an exponential growth adventure. European Energy is an international renewable energy company and we have welcomed 281 new colleagues in 2023.
- We offer an opportunity to work closely with renewable energy assets and take part in directly accelerating the green transition.
European Energy is a Danish privately owned company founded in 2004. We operate all the way from development, construction, operation, and divestment of wind- and photovoltaic (PV) farms on land as well as offshore globally. Further, we work with development of the future energy solutions, e
Apply nowJob expired?
Please let European Energy A/S know you found this job on Rejobs. This will help us grow and get more people to work on renewable energy!
About the role
Jan 29, 2024
Jul 26, 2024
Share with Friends
The stakes are high, and the time for talk has passed. Now is the time for action. Help a friend accelerate the shift to a sustainable future.
Share this job - Finance Manager, Poland - with your folks, and help them find a career to be proud of.