Real Estate Associate, Titles & Surveys - Battery Storage
Real Estate Associate role at Plus Power, a leading energy storage developer. Full-time, hybrid work, competitive salary, and comprehensive benefits. Apply now!
Plus Power is an energy storage market leader, with a market-leading 10+ GW portfolio across more than 25 US states and Canadian provinces that will transform North American electric grids into cleaner and more versatile critical infrastructure.
Standalone energy storage is rapidly transforming the North American energy markets, because it is cheaper than new natural gas plants, faster to build than fossil peakers or transmission, and able to perform diverse energy services. Plus Power partners with electricity system operators, utilities, and investors to originate, develop, finance, own and operate standalone energy storage projects that provide critical services to the wholesale electric market. Plus Power's team applies an intentional mindset to energy storage development by using a data-driven approach to development and operations.
At Plus Power, we are focused on solving hard climate problems, profitably. We are growing fast, and value candidates who, like us, share a focus on setting high expectations, owning and learning from mistakes in the spirit of radical transparency, and are committed to internal partnering as a key element of our ideas meritocracy. Our team praises Plus Power's culture and excels through our game-changing mission and supportive ecosystem.
About the Role
Plus Power recruits outstanding energy industry professionals who are driven to develop, build and operate assets safely and reliably to decarbonize the power markets while growing their careers. Our team looks for data-driven and fact-based mindsets, engaging and collaborative behaviors, and personal growth-focused professionals.
In order for the global energy system to make the transition from a carbon-based grid, to a renewable energy grid, large scale energy storage must be introduced into the electricity system to balance intra-hour supply and demand. Energy storage is the enabler of high penetration variable renewable generation like solar and wind.
Plus Power is looking to hire a Real Estate Associate to support the Real Estate Manager – De-Risking Lead, the Real Estate Team, and the Development Team in advancing site control efforts and mitigating real estate-related risks across the Company's portfolio of energy storage projects. The Real Estate Associate will report to the Real Estate Manager – De-Risking Lead but will collaborate across the Development and Permitting teams to problem-solve real estate related issues and bring projects to financial close.
- Primary function is to provide, independently and at the direction of the RE Manager De-Risking Lead, comprehensive de-risking of title and survey related issues relating to the development portfolio of energy storage projects. The primary focus of this responsibility includes the following: title and survey review, curing title/survey defects, and working with members of the Real Estate Team, the Development Team, and 3rd parties in order to coordinate de-risk activities
- In furtherance of this primary function, the RE Associate will lead or support (a) all efforts to order title commitments and title reports, (b) ALTA surveys, (c) all efforts to address mineral rights issues affecting real property, and (d) support to setting the timeline for the resolution of all related de-risking activities for a given project or land interest.
- Lead or support all efforts to cure any title and survey related issues affecting a project or land interest including, but not limited, to negotiating and securing crossing agreements, easements, licenses, mineral right agreements or waivers, and the amendments of any corresponding real estate document
- Partners with Director of Real Estate, the RE Manager De-Risking Lead, Permitting Department, the Legal Department, and outside legal counsel to support de-risking activities associated with environmental issues, permitting/zoning challenges, access, and third-party consents
- Partners with Real Estate Associate and the RE Manager De-Risking Lead to utilize existing software platforms and portfolio management tools in order track and administer all de-risking activities
- Partners with Real Estate Associate to monitor all critical dates in the areas of initial site control efforts, real estate document negotiation, adherence to due diligence timelines, real estate milestones, and real estate closing activities
- Supports the Real Estate Team and the Legal Department with the closing of real estate transactions, financial transactions, and tax equity investment transactions
- Supports Real Estate Team in advancement and management of early stage site control efforts as needed.
- 4-year university degree, BS or BA or equivalent, relevant professional experience
- 5+ years of experience in title research, title insurance, ALTA survey review, and mineral rights.
- Experience in curative work for all issues associated with the de-risking projects in the commercial/industrial industries with a preference in the development of renewable energy projects
- Experience reviewing and drafting the following real estate documents: purchase and sales agreements, lease agreements, option to purchase agreements, option to lease agreements, easements, crossing agreements, licenses, and covenants
- Understanding of permitting process, land use, and entitlements for the development of real property
- Creative independent thinker with a demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a diverse team
- Experience supporting the acquisition and development of real estate transactions in the commercial, industrial, or renewable industries, preferred
- Experience working within the industry, preferred
- Understanding of renewable energy and / or energy storage preferred
Compensation, Location, and Benefits
Highly competitive total compensation from one of North America's leading energy storage developers, owners and operators. Flexible, work from home or hybrid work from Plus Power's offices in San Francisco, Houston, Chicago, Seattle, and Palm Beach.
The expected salary range* for this position begins at $80,000. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range based on several factors including, but not limited to relevant experience, skills, qualifications, geographic labor market, and other factors consistent with applicable law. This position is also eligible to participate in our annual bonus program.
Plus Power offers a comprehensive benefits program, unlimited vacation, flexible remote work, educational assistance, parental leave, and a highly engaging company culture with opportunities for in-person connection and learning and growth.
Plus Power is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace where people of all backgrounds can thrive. Plus Power is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
This information is provided in accordance with applicable law.
Apply nowJob expired?
Please let Plus Power know you found this job on Rejobs. This will help us grow and get more people to work on renewable energy!
About the role
Feb 01, 2024
Jul 26, 2024
UTC-08:00 — UTC-06:00
Share with Friends
The stakes are high, and the time for talk has passed. Now is the time for action. Help a friend accelerate the shift to a sustainable future.
Share this job - Real Estate Associate, Titles & Surveys - Battery Storage - with your folks, and help them find a career to be proud of.