Fehily Timoney and Company (FT) has an exciting opportunity for a Senior/Principal Acoustic Consultant to join our Acoustics team. Ideally based in our Dublin office, although other offices in Cork and Carlow may be considered.
We have a broad portfolio of projects across our market sectors – environmental, renewable energy, transportation, and infrastructure, which provides a wide range of career development opportunities. Leading FT’s Acoustics team you will work on a wide range of interesting and challenging projects.
The ideal candidate will have experience of contributing to proposals and providing expert advice to clients on acoustics across a range of sectors. We are seeking personnel with the ability to demonstrate experience scoping, resourcing, and delivering complex and challenging acoustics projects. You will have a strong track record of working in acoustics and preferably have experience of a range of acoustics commissions from small projects to major multi-disciplinary projects covering sound, noise, and vibration (SNV) technical areas. You will have a solid background in acoustics, be innovative and willing to exploit the latest technologies but can explain acoustics to a non-technical audience.
You will lead a wide range of acoustics projects covering environmental acoustics, renewable energy acoustics, transportation acoustics, and occupational noise and vibration.
You would have responsibilities for the development and mentoring of junior staff, including line management.
Skills / Qualifications
- A degree (1.1 or 2.1) (and preferably a post graduate qualification such as a Masters, PhD) in acoustics or relevant technical disciplines (e.g. Physics, Maths or Engineering)
- Chartered status or evidence of working towards this
- Have a thorough understanding of the Environmental Impact Assessment process regarding Noise and Vibration (N&V);
- Be technically capable to scoping and determining onsite noise monitoring requirements;
- Be technically capable to review N&V assessment;
- Previous experience in environmental noise and vibration assessment of renewable energy and transportation projects and a have good understanding of noise and vibration related health impact assessment and be able to lead such projects;
- Previous experience in wind energy project is essential performing Directional Analysis, Tonal Assessment, developing Curtailment Strategies and the Assessment of Amplitude Modulation;
- Experience of providing expert advice to clients on all noise related projects requirements;
- Experience of undertaking environmental acoustic modelling using Predictor Noise Modelling Software and MATLAB, Labview and SvanPC++ is desirable;
- Lead the acoustic input, undertake predictions and write reports on a range of EIAR projects, be fully conversant with the following relevant standards and;
- International Standard ISO 9613-2: 1996 Attenuation of sound during propagation outdoors, Part 2: General method of
- Wind Energy Development Guidelines, Department of the Environment, Heritage and Local Government (2006) – as superseded by pending
- UK Department of Trade and Industry (DTI), ETSU-R-97, The Assessment and Rating of Noise from Wind Farms (1996)
- UK Institute of Acoustics’, A Good Practice Guide to the Application of ETSU-R-97 for the Assessment at Rating of Wind Turbine Noise (2013) and supplementary notes
- British Standard BS 5228 Part 1:2009+A1:2014 Code of practice for noise and vibration control on construction and open sites Part 1: Noise
- British Standard BS 4142:2014+A1:2019, Methods for Rating and Assessing Industrial and Commercial Sound
- ISO 1996-1:2016 Acoustics — Description, measurement and assessment of environmental noise — Part 1: Basic quantities and assessment procedures
- ISO 1996-2:2017 Acoustics — Description, measurement and assessment of environmental noise — Part 2: Determination of sound pressure levels
- EPA, Guidance Note for Noise: Licence Applications, Surveys and. Assessments in Relation to. Scheduled Activities (NG4).
- CRTN – Calculation of Road Traffic Noise
- Manage own workload to make time available to accelerate the development of technical skills in more junior staff, including being available to provide on the job advice and instruction and to develop new lines of work or smarter ways of working.
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate including a competitive salary, shorter working Friday, medical benefit and professional body support. FT is an equal opportunities employer, our company culture champions diversity, inclusion and employee wellbeing through ongoing programs. FT encourages continuous professional development, creativity and flexibility. All CV’s are treated in the strictest confidence. Please submit your application by e-mail to email@example.com.
- Additional leave
- Bike to work scheme
- Company events
- Company pension
- Employee assistance program
- On-site parking
- Private medical insurance
- Sick pay
- Wellness program
- Work from home
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Pouladuff Road, CO. Cork
Apply nowJob expired?
Please let Fehily Timoney & Company know you found this job on Rejobs. This will help us grow and get more people to work on renewable energy!
About the role
Feb 02, 2024
Jul 26, 2024
County Cork, Ireland
Share with Friends
The stakes are high, and the time for talk has passed. Now is the time for action. Help a friend accelerate the shift to a sustainable future.
Share this job - Senior / Principal Acoustic Consultant - with your folks, and help them find a career to be proud of.