Fehily Timoney and Company (FT) is one of Ireland’s largest Irish owned consultants with centres of excellence in Civil Infrastructure, Waste & Resource Management and Renewables. FT provides design and contract management services for the construction of infrastructure projects such as roads, bridgeworks, rail, solid waste facilities, renewable energy, drainage, water and wastewater treatment facilities, airports, tunnels and gas pipelines.
FT is looking to recruit a Senior Ecologist who will work as an integral member of the Energy and Planning team in the Cork, Dublin or Carlow office, aiding the expansion of the Energy and Planning business and working closely with fellow professionals. The position will suit candidates with a minimum of seven years of experience. This position offers exposure to a broad range of areas within the renewable energy, waste management and civil infrastructure sectors as FT have a broad spectrum of ongoing projects and can offer the successful candidate a clear path for career development.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- A degree in ecology or related subject
- A minimum of seven years post graduate experience in environmental consultancy
- Member of CIEEM, CIWEM or equivalent professional body
- Experienced in the oral hearing process and in the role of expert witness
- Detailed knowledge of wildlife and conservation legislation within Ireland
- Excellent technical report writing skills
- Experienced in the preparation and monitoring of the implementation of Construction Environmental Management Plan
- Experienced in working in multi-disciplinary teams
- Excellent communication, organisational and project management skills
- A full clean driver’s licence
The Senior Ecologist will, amongst other things, be responsible for:
- Managing individual contracts to deliver high quality ecological consultancy services
- Providing expert ecological input for a range of projects
- Planning, conducting and supervising the execution of site ecological surveys and fieldwork
- Preparing and monitoring of the implementation of Construction Environmental Management Plans
- Undertaking Appropriate Assessments and Ecological Impact Assessments (EcIAs), Biodiversity Chapters for Environmental Impact Assessment Reports (EIARs) and other environmental reporting requirements
- Writing of technical reports and other deliverables
- Managing quality including attention to detail and accuracy, delivery of contracts on time and to the highest possible standards, and continue to strive to improve the quality of work produced by the Ecology Team
- Providing expert witness at Oral Hearings
- Developing excellent relationships with clients and attending meetings with clients and design teams when necessary
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate including a competitive salary, shorter working Friday, medical benefit and professional body support. FT is an equal opportunities employer, our company culture champions diversity, inclusion and employee wellbeing through ongoing programs. FT encourages continuous professional development, creativity and flexibility. All CV’s are treated in the strictest confidence. Please submit your application by e-mail to or alternatively, by post to Fehily Timoney and Company, Core House, Pouladuff Road, Cork. Please submit your application by email to email@example.com.
Apply nowJob expired?
Please let Fehily Timoney & Company know you found this job on Rejobs. This will help us grow and get more people to work on renewable energy!
About the role
Feb 02, 2024
Jul 26, 2024
Share with Friends
The stakes are high, and the time for talk has passed. Now is the time for action. Help a friend accelerate the shift to a sustainable future.
Share this job - Senior Ecologist - with your folks, and help them find a career to be proud of.