Senior Manager, Project Development, Region North & Central
Join Wärtsilä's team in Houston, TX, Fort Lauderdale, FL, or remotely. Lead and manage energy development projects for a sustainable future. Competitive salary and benefits.
Wärtsilä Energy leads the transition towards a 100% renewable energy future. We help our partners to accelerate their decarbonisation journeys through our market-leading technologies and power system modelling expertise. These cover decarbonisation services, future-fuel enabled balancing power plants, hybrid solutions, energy storage and optimisation technology, including the GEMS Digital Energy Platform.
Did you know Wärtsilä has delivered 76 GW of power plant capacity and more 110 energy storage systems in 180 countries around the world?
In this fast changing world of energy, we are constantly on the lookout for future-oriented talent to join our team and to work towards enabling sustainable societies through innovation in technology and services - together. Want to join the ride?
As SENIOR MANAGER, PROJECT DEVELOPMENT you will manage and oversee all aspects of multiple assigned development projects to ensure proper development of the projects and their closure in conformance with stated company objectives, including profitability. You will also Lead and manage the day-to-day project development team and activities through structuring, development, and financing of the projects until completion, with accountability for budget and schedule. Among other responsibilities, you will also originate development projects consistent with the strategic objectives of the company
- Origination and execution of energy development opportunities based on reciprocating engine technology and energy storage
- Support other developers to bid Wärtsilä technologies in a competitive manner
- Manage and oversee all aspects of multiple assigned development projects to ensure proper development of the projects and their closure in conformance with stated company objectives, including profitability
- Relationship building, networking, and influencing of key financial multilateral and bilateral institutions, electrical generation organizations, ISO, and governmental agencies to understand and promote the Wärtsilä value proposition Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Lead and manage day-to-day project development team and activities through structuring, development, and financing of the projects until completion, with accountability for budget and schedule
- Originate development projects consistent with the strategic objectives of the company
- Develop, maintain, and expand relationships with strategic partners
- Assist Sales activities with financing and development support
- Assist Growth and Development team in influencing activities with energy authorities in the region, and with multi-lateral institutions and industry associations to ensure the presence of our technology in opportunities and specifications
- Perform other duties, responsibilities, and special assignments as directed by the GM of Project Development
- Responsible and accountable for the quantity of developed or undeveloped projects:
- Negotiate contracts subject to Wartsila Development Financial Services "WDFS" internal approvals
MAIN REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS
- Expert in project development & financing, with demonstrated success in developing new energy projects and leading contract negotiations
- Experienced in the negotiation of PPA's, FSA's, Interconection permitting, Environmental permitting, EPC and O&M contracts.
- Understanding of the dynamics of large-scale project development with long-term service agreements
- Understanding of power systems and fuels
- Solid Project Finance skills, including financial modeling
- Fluent in English (Spanish is a plus)
- Ability to travel up to 25%
Management & Leadership Skills
- People Leadership
- Mentoring and Coaching
- Results Driven
- Strategic Thinking
- Stakeholder Management skills
- Influencer with strong external network
- Great communication skills
- Flexibility and interpersonal skills
- Analytical Mindset
Education and Experience
- M. Sc.(Eng) or similar preferred with several years of progressive power plant project finance experience, or a Bachelor’s Degree and 10 years of requisite progressive experience in project development or similar sales development activities
For applicants that reside in CA/CO/WA, the annual salary range is $112,504 - $208,936
For applicants that reside in NY, the salary range/hourly wage range is $106,330 - $197,470
The amounts listed are the base pay range; additional compensation may be available for this role, such as shift differentials, standby/on-call, overtime, premiums, extra shift incentives, or bonus opportunities. Eligibility to participate in: the discretionary incentive plan assigned to the level of position upon offer of employment; medical, dental and vision coverage, 401(k) plan and flexible spending accounts, subject to plan terms; Company-paid benefits such as life insurance, short- and long-term disability, subject to applicable waiting periods. Paid time off (PTO) is accrued on a per-pay period basis in accordance with tenure in the Company; a new hire can expect 17 days per year. Twelve (12) Company-paid holidays.
WHY YOU AND US?
You will be a part of a global organization with a local presence and work in an exciting and dynamic working environment with highly motivated and skilled co-workers. We offer interesting and challenging work tasks, as well as personal and professional development in a great team.
If you feel excited about being a part of this working environment and think your personal skills and qualities match the job requirements, we look forward to receiving your job application.
Successful applicant must be authorized to work in the USA without sponsorship.
We look forward to hearing from you. Qualified candidates must apply online: https://www.wartsila.com/careers
Individuals hired for positions that require on-site customer interactions and/or in-person travel may be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or other country-specific vaccinations, unless otherwise prohibited by law. Wärtsilä North America values our employees. We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. Wärtsilä North America is an EOE/AA employer.
At Wärtsilä we value, respect and embrace all our differences, and are committed to diversity, inclusion and equal employment opportunities; everyone can be their true self and succeed based on their job-relevant merits and abilities.
Apply nowJob expired?
Please let Wärtsilä know you found this job on Rejobs. This will help us grow and get more people to work on renewable energy!
About the role
Jan 31, 2024
Aug 03, 2024
Houston, TX or Fort Lauderdale, FL, United States
UTC-06:00 — UTC-05:00
Share with Friends
The stakes are high, and the time for talk has passed. Now is the time for action. Help a friend accelerate the shift to a sustainable future.
Share this job - Senior Manager, Project Development, Region North & Central - with your folks, and help them find a career to be proud of.