Ramboll is providing recruitment services to Venergi – an exciting joint venture between two market leaders within the sustainable energy and power generation.
Are you a civil engineer with experience of projects within the energy sector and a talent for project management? Are you keen on using your technical insight to optimize processes for projects that will help create a carbon-free society? Do you want to be at the forefront of the decarbonisation of the world’s most liveable city?
If so, we invite you to join us at Venergi as our new Senior Civil Engineer.
VENERGI – Powered by Wien Energie and Ramboll
Venergi is a joint venture powered by Wien Energie and Ramboll, driving and empowering Vienna's green energy transition through integrated, sustainable solutions. We play a key role in making Vienna the most resilient and liveable city and society of the future by providing planning and engineering services in the areas of circular economy, renewable energy, and decarbonisation.
Shape the world’s most liveable city
Live and work in Vienna, one of the world’s most vibrant cities. The city is home to around 2 million people. Despite its size, Vienna retains the feel of a large town. Part of that is down to the numerous parks, woodlands and outlying hills, perfect for families.
Your New Role
As Senior Civil Engineer you will build and lead a dynamic team to execute projects crucial to decarbonization of Vienna by 2040, such as:
- Modernisation of existing energy production facilities (e.g. upgrading a waste incineration plant on the basis of the circular economy)
- Construction of new alternative energy generation plants (e.g. biomass, wind farm, geothermal etc)
- Hydrogen production or application (e.g. construction of hydrogen production facilities)
- Combined generation plants for heating and cooling energy as well as electricity (e.g. either construction or modernisation of existing plant for combined generation of electricity, heating and cooling energy such as natural gas and renewable energy sources)
- Waste generation and management (e.g. construction of recycling plants, plants for the treatment of sewage sludge and phosphorus recovery).
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Evaluate alternative energy plant construction sites, optimizing resource use and considering environmental factors.
- Design robust structures supporting power generation equipment, providing ongoing oversight during construction for strict adherence to specifications.
- Oversee compliance with local building codes, regulations, and environmental standards and coordinate with regulatory authorities to secure necessary approvals and permits.
- Manage construction projects, ensuring collaboration with teams and stakeholders.
- Implement quality control measures for structural integrity, safety, and adherence to timelines.
Your New Team
You and your team will benefit from promotion of a Scandinavian inspired working culture in a new Austrian joint venture with a high degree of flexibility and an informal and dynamic working environment.
For this role, it would be beneficial to have the following qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in Engineering (civil or mechanical engineering, energy or industrial energy systems)
- Extensive experience as a Civil Engineer, focused on projects within energy infrastructure e.g. power plants, the power-to-X related sector or Gas/LNG sector
- Cross-sector understanding of the energy industry, particularly energy generation and distribution
- Knowledge of smart grids, sustainable heating/cooling systems, energy storage, carbon capture utilisation and storage (CCUS) design and equipment, specification and requirements of electrical studies and calculations preferable
- AutoCAD proficient and/or expertise in similar software within a BIM environment
- Deep passion for driving positive environmental impact through innovative and sustainable energy solutions
Join an empowered and pioneering team – join us and take a unique opportunity to help shape the future of the world’s most liveable city. Be a part of a diverse and ambitious new team bringing their global knowledge and experience to solving exciting local challenges in the city in which they live and work. Driven by our purpose, vision and values, you will be part of a team where everyone is empowered and included.
Investment in your development – we provide training and education that develops skills. For your long-term growth, our development dialogue program provides opportunities for you to shape the focus and pace of your career.
Flexible work environment – we offer a flexible hybrid work environment to encourage and empower you to plan and shape your work, with each role having unique flexibility opportunities.
Remuneration – the salary for this position will be between €72,800 - €86,450. Overpayment may be negotiable based on qualifications and experience.
About Wien Energie
Wien Energie is the largest regional energy provider in Austria and a subsidiary of the municipal utility company Wiener Stadtwerke. We reliably supply two million people with environmentally friendly power, cooling, heating, electromobility and telecommunications. In order to promote climate protection, we will be investing heavily in expanding the use of renewables such as solar, wind and hydro power as well as electromobility. We are actively shaping the future of energy through innovation and research. We are ideally prepared for the future due to our efforts to promote climate protection and security of supply in the city.
Learn more at wienenergie.at
Ramboll is a global architecture, engineering and consultancy company founded in Denmark in 1945. Our more than 18,000 experts create sustainable solutions across Buildings, Transport, Energy, Environment & Health, Water, Management Consulting and Architecture & Landscape. Across the world, Ramboll combines local experience with a global knowledge base to create sustainable cities and societies. We combine insights with the power to drive positive change for our clients, in the form of ideas that can be realised and implemented.
We call it: Bright ideas. Sustainable change.
Learn more at ramboll.com
How to Apply
If you are excited about the opportunity to lead transformative projects aimed at decarbonizing one of Europe's most vibrant cities, please submit your CV and motivation letter in English. we look forward to receiving your application.
Join us in shaping a sustainable future for Vienna and be a part of a dynamic team that is driving meaningful change in the energy transition landscape. Together, we can make a difference and create a greener, more sustainable world for generations to come.
Apply nowJob expired?
Please let Ramboll know you found this job on Rejobs. This will help us grow and get more people to work on renewable energy!
About the role
Jan 29, 2024
Jul 27, 2024
Share with Friends
The stakes are high, and the time for talk has passed. Now is the time for action. Help a friend accelerate the shift to a sustainable future.
Share this job - Venergi: Senior Civil Engineer - with your folks, and help them find a career to be proud of.