Pattern Energy is an independent, fully integrated energy company that develops, constructs, owns and operates renewable energy projects and transmission assets across North America and parts of Latin America. The company focuses primarily on wind and transmission, with limited investments in other generation technologies.
The Pattern Energy team has a history as one of the top North American renewable energy and transmission providers in the industry. The team is dedicated to delivering the highest value for its customers, partners, financial supporters and the communities in which it works, while exhibiting a strong commitment to promoting environmental stewardship and corporate responsibility.
Pattern Energy operates in the United States and Canada, with offices in San Francisco, Houston, San Diego, New York and Toronto. Pattern Energy Group LP's corporate headquarters are in San Francisco.
As an integral member of our Data Center of Excellence, the Associate Data Scientist will collaborate closely with subject matter experts spanning Engineering, Asset Management, Field Operations, and Meteorology. In this dynamic role, you will contribute to the design, construction, and operationalization of innovative data solutions aimed at extracting valuable insights for key challenges. This role will develop an understanding of how renewable systems and electricity markets function and develop the skills to identify the metrics that drive decision making at Pattern.
The key responsibilities will include the following:
- Collaborate within cross-functional teams to construct sustainable data solutions, encompassing the scoping of metrics and analytics. Identify potential limitations and translate statistical outputs into actionable business decisions.
- Harness large datasets derived from diverse sources, including wind turbines, meteorological towers, electrical substations, and electricity markets. Apply advanced analytics and statistical methodologies to extract meaningful patterns and insights.
- Utilize internal resources, contractors, and service providers to innovate and enhance machine learning or analytics solutions. Continuously improve existing solutions through the implementation of superior methods.
- Monitor and maintain models, evaluating their reliability. Develop solutions to detect model drift and proactively communicate changes to stakeholders.
- Partner closely with Data Engineers and Visualization Engineers to conceive and bring to fruition the complete scope of machine learning or analytics solutions.
- Create reusable components for the evaluation and assessment of model performance, ensuring efficiency and consistency across different projects.
- Provide support for ad hoc studies by addressing data requirements related to fleet performance, equipment reliability, root cause analysis, and market assessments.
- Ms, drone inspection technologies, lightning analytics, etc).
A bachelor’s degree in computer science, mathematics, statistics, economics, physics, or engineering is required as a minimum. Master’s degree preferred.
- 1-2 years of experience in data science or data analytics (college work, internships or part time work may qualify).
- Experience with statistical modelling or machine learning modelling preferred.
- Wind power operations or electric utility operations experience preferred but not required.
- Strong technical capabilities and a creative, curious, self-driven work ethic.
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work well with cross functional teams.
- Ability to travel (Up to 10% travel).
Required Technical Skills
- Demonstrated programming skills (preferably Python or R) with an emphasis on experience with data frame, data visualization, and data science libraries.
- Demonstrated SQL skills with an understanding of joins, set theory, aggregate functions, window functions, and dynamic SQL.
Pattern Energy Group Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply nowJob expired?
Please let Pattern Energy Group know you found this job on Rejobs. This will help us grow and get more people to work on renewable energy!
About the role
Jan 31, 2024
Jul 27, 2024
Houston, TX, United States
UTC-06:00 — UTC-05:00
Share with Friends
The stakes are high, and the time for talk has passed. Now is the time for action. Help a friend accelerate the shift to a sustainable future.
Share this job - Data Analyst - with your folks, and help them find a career to be proud of.