As a NETA accredited independent electrical testing & engineering organization, we set the standard for technical expertise and uncompromising safety within the renewable energy, data centers, and industrial industries.
At Electric Power Systems, we specialize in electrical acceptance testing, commissioning, and maintenance testing for a wide range of clients including Utility, Generation, Renewables, Industrial, Transit, Data Centers, and Commercial Facilities throughout North America. We are committed to providing a culture of safety and technical expertise as a way of setting the standard of excellence in the power industry. We care about our employees and offer a generous benefits package including:
- Competitive pay
- Paid Time Off
- Paid short term and long term disability
- Medical, vision, and dental benefits
- Health Savings Account
- Tuition Reimbursement
The Relay Technician to performs electrical testing on relays in electrical power stations. As a Relay Technician, your duties involve using equipment such as a Doble 6150 to test different types of microprocessor relays inside the electrical substation.
- Perform installation, commissioning, testing and maintenance of protective relaying equipment.
- Perform function testing of substation control circuits on relay panel, transformers & circuit breakers.
- Develop relay macros and testing routines with confirmation of proper protection and control design.
- Perform end-to-end relay testing using relay test software, and analyze the operation of the relay based on the fault type run.
- Develop written standard commissioning, testing and maintenance procedures for protective relaying.
- Examine relay settings and logic equations for confirmation of system operation in accordance with design.
- Develop isolation restoration procedures for a construction outage.
- Lead safety briefings on job site.
- Develop written test procedures for transmission, generation and distribution substation protection.
- Develop relay test plans necessary to test the relays per EPS and customer specifications.
- Lead investigations of electrical related issues, including root cause analysis as needed.
- Calibrate & perform functional tests on both electromechanical and micro-processor based protective relays for substations.
- Function as an on-site lead for the project, assign tasks, prioritize activities and interface with customers.
- Read and fully understand protection and control schematic diagrams and wiring diagrams, and catch mistakes and problems with the drawings and design when comparing with accepted engineering and customer standards.
- Determine and interpret customer’s requirements and provide final deliverables including as built prints and all test results meeting specified requirements
- Understand manufactures’ literature to facilitate testing.
- Review relay settings and determine the relay logic matches the design on the schematics as well as customer standards. This would include that the CT Ratios are correct as well as the trip outputs.
- Hands on experience installing, maintaining, testing & repairing protective relays in transmission, generation or distribution level substations.
- Capable of trouble shooting distribution and transmission controls circuits.
- Knowledge of relay test software.
- Able to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
- Complete a satisfactory criminal background check.
- Able to work overtime and travel out of town for periods of time.
- Able to climb ladders, stand for extended periods, able to lift 70 lbs.
- Must have a valid driver's license and currently have and be able to maintain a good driving record.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- NETA certified a plus.
- Associates Degree in Electrical/Electrical technology, or Military experience.
- Experience installing, maintaining, testing, or repairing circuit breakers, transformers, switchgear, or similar equipment
EPS is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, disability, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), political affiliation, military service, national origin, age or any other characteristics protected by state or federal laws. Voltyx does not work with individual recruiters or third party recruiting agencies, and will not recognize claim to any unsolicited resumes or candidate information.
Apply nowJob expired?
Please let Electric Power Systems know you found this job on Rejobs. This will help us grow and get more people to work on renewable energy!
About the role
Jan 29, 2024
Jul 27, 2024
Manchester, NH, United States
Share with Friends
The stakes are high, and the time for talk has passed. Now is the time for action. Help a friend accelerate the shift to a sustainable future.
Share this job - Sr. Relay Technician - with your folks, and help them find a career to be proud of.