We are committed to building a workplace where everyone feels heard and respected, and extending our culture of care so that every individual can reach their full potential. We want you to have a sense of belonging and feel valued for your contributions and the perspectives you bring.
The Equipment Manager – Solar is accountable for lifecycle management of all Solar equipment requests and call-offs. Responsible for coordination of all equipment requests, call-offs, procurements and demand planning.
- Assists the VP, Solar Operations on equipment demand planning by year and by project.
- Supports training for equipment requests; attends remotely Solar onsite meetings to review equipment needs and current status of requests and call offs.
- Tracks, manages, and fulfills all Solar equipment requests and call-offs; life-cycle accountability.
- Tracks asset locations and accounts across all disciplines across the Solar business unit to enable accurate billing, higher utilization, and long-range demand planning.
- Fulfills all Solar equipment requests and call-offs.
- Submits purchase orders to 3rd party equipment vendors as appropriate.
- Utilizes Fleet Management Software to ensure project inventory is accurate.
- Prepares and maintains extensive spreadsheets, documents, and request trackers on internal systems.
- Communicates actively with project teams to understand upcoming needs.
- Assists projects with coordinating repairs and maintenance on equipment.
- Codes and approves with thoroughness and accuracy all invoices to specific site for payment off rent and lease.
- Reviews 3rd party vendor invoices for accuracy.
- Works with Assistant Equipment Manager – Solar regarding equipment loss or recordable damage and equipment down time that is due to deficiencies with equipment from the equipment venders.
- Coordinates with approved vendors to issue purchase orders and call equipment off and on.
- Assists Logistics Coordinator with 3rd party mobilization / demobilization for equipment movements.
- Operates company vehicle in a safe manner to drive to various site locations.
- Attends work regularly and punctually, as scheduled or expected.
- Complies with Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and Company Policies & Procedures.
- Assists with reviewing the weekly equipment utilization by asset report and submits to the VP, Solar Operations.
- Provides budget controls to enhance profitability, contract compliance, and problem resolution.
- Represents the company to meet contractual requirements and manage vendor relationships for the greatest benefit to RES.
- Monitors the equipment market for new products and changes in supply and demand patterns.
- Provides leadership, management, and oversight of Assistant Equipment Manager - Solar, Service Manager – Solar, Tooling Manager – Solar and onsite Solar Equipment Coordinators to include performance reviews, scheduling, and mentoring.
- Follows safety and security procedures and determines appropriate action. Reports potentially unsafe conditions and uses materials and equipment properly.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience with a wide variety of heavy equipment.
- Stays current with professional and industrial best practices.
- Ability to interface with team members and deliver high levels of customer service.
- Must have the knowledge and experience to keep the equipment fleet functioning in a profitable manner.
- Leadership and management experience.
- Intermediate MS Office and Outlook.
- Strong Excel skills including charts, graphs, and bars, pivot tables, VLOOKUP, COUNTIF, SUMIF, filtering information to provide quality data, creating macros to automate common tasks, managing large amounts of data, advanced formulas and conditional formatting; to generate weekly status reports and other ad hoc reports as requested.
- Ability to be eligible for corporate vehicle insurance coverage with valid driver license.
- Functional competencies include attention to detail, communication, collaboration, prioritization, continuous improvement.
- Presents, supports, and leads-by-example with a safety and quality-oriented attitude.
- Leads by example to show that safety is the most important function, ensuring that all employees follow safe practices while working.
- Accountable to continually reinforce safe behaviors and correct “at risk” behaviors.
- Adheres to and ensures all site team members understands standard operating procedures.
- Leads and supports the site team in technical, quality and safety, utilizing system in place.
- Fosters and demonstrates a workplace inclusive of creating opportunity, serving others, building trust, innovation, and exceeding expectations.
- Manages one or more direct reports.
- Participates in hiring and selection process to fill positions on the team.
- Communicates regularly with direct reports on goals, accomplishments, and information on policies.
- Demonstrates leadership and expertise in eyes of client group.
- Employee Development:
- Provides tasks and assignments that challenge and stretch employees’ responsibilities.
- Conducts regular discussions with employee(s) on personal development. Comfortable with empowering others.
- Conducts timely, effective performance reviews in accordance with RES guidelines.
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Construction Management or construction related areas such as Civil, Structural, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering preferred.
- 5+ years of proven heavy equipment experience that includes managing heavy equipment for large capital-industrial construction projects required.
- 1+ years of Management experience required.
- Will consider and evaluate work experience combined with 2+ years of college or technical school with equivalent skills.
Anticipated base salary range: $102,000 - $120,000 Annually.
The final agreed upon compensation is based on individual education, qualifications, experience, and work location. This position is bonus eligible.
RES offers benefits that are effective first day of employment. These benefits include the following:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Health Savings Account with employer contribution
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 4x pay Basic Life and Voluntary Life
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Accident, Hospital, and Critical Illness
- 401 (k) plan with 6% company match
- 4 weeks Paid Time Off (PTO) and 10 Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement and Green Car Reimbursement
- Volunteer and Charity Matching
- Paid Parental Leave and Paid Sabbatical Leave
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Employee Discounts and Wellness programs
- Wellness Reimbursement
Physical requirements and environment
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Domestic Travel 5% - 15%; Valid Driver’s License Required.
Rarely: Climbing, crouching, kneeling, pulling/pushing between 31-50lbs., and stooping are required. Occasionally: Carrying/Lifting 31-50lbs., grasping, gripping, handling, pinching, reaching, and walking are required. Frequently: Repetitive motion, sitting, and standing are required. Constantly: Reading, hearing, and vision are required.
Rarely exposed to extreme cold, heat, and humidity, and wet climates, hazards, and vibrations in the working environment. Occasionally exposed to noise in the work environment.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
Apply nowJob expired?
Please let Renewable Energy Systems know you found this job on Rejobs. This will help us grow and get more people to work on renewable energy!
About the role
Feb 01, 2024
Jul 27, 2024
UTC-05:00 — UTC-07:00
Share with Friends
The stakes are high, and the time for talk has passed. Now is the time for action. Help a friend accelerate the shift to a sustainable future.
Share this job - Equipment Manager Solar - with your folks, and help them find a career to be proud of.