Tesla is committed to having industry-leading uptime in our deployed fleet of stationary storage batteries, charging, and solar products. We are using data collected from our connected systems to find problems before the customer does. The Tesla Energy Products team is looking to hire a product engineer to effectively utilize fleet data and engineering fundamentals to monitor product performance, and root cause design, process, or firmware failures in our fleet of renewable energy hardware. The person in this role would play a central role in ensuring we have the highest quality products for our customers.
The person in this role will be responsible for driving product improvements for Tesla’s residential energy gateway and metering hardware. This hardware is a vital component of our energy storage, solar generation and charging product offerings. This engineer will work with a cross-functional team of engineers to define and track product KPIs, troubleshoot and diagnose device issues, deploy necessary corrective actions ranging from firmware changes, hardware design changes, manufacturing process or installation process changes, etc. to prevent issues from re-occurring.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and run data queries on fleet logs to help root cause analysis efforts
- Work with the engineering and manufacturing teams to drive design and manufacturing changes to improve product quality in both existing and future products
- Define data signatures that uniquely identify the failure and lead integration of this knowledge into algorithms to automatically identify similar other failures in the field
- Provide support on escalated customer cases to minimize system downtime, through day-to-day coverage of internationally distributed service cases
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience with energy metering hardware and analysis of energy meter/electrical grid data
- Strong data analysis skills, with experience using Python
- Strong engineering fundamentals and intuition, applied to firmware/software-enabled mechatronic systems
- An ability to prioritize and execute many tasks in parallel
- An excellent attention to detail and an ability to produce clear and concise written documents and diagrams
Apply nowJob expired?
Please let Tesla know you found this job on Rejobs. This will help us grow and get more people to work on renewable energy!
About the role
Feb 02, 2024
Jul 27, 2024
Palo Alto, California, United States
Share with Friends
The stakes are high, and the time for talk has passed. Now is the time for action. Help a friend accelerate the shift to a sustainable future.
Share this job - Product Engineer, Gateway - with your folks, and help them find a career to be proud of.