Pattern Energy is an independent, fully integrated energy company that develops, constructs, owns and operates renewable energy projects and transmission assets across North America and parts of Latin America. The company focuses primarily on wind and transmission, with limited investments in other generation technologies.
The Pattern Energy team has a history as one of the top North American renewable energy and transmission providers in the industry. The team is dedicated to delivering the highest value for its customers, partners, financial supporters and the communities in which it works, while exhibiting a strong commitment to promoting environmental stewardship and corporate responsibility. Pattern Energy operates in the United States and Canada, with offices in San Francisco, Houston, San Diego, New York and Toronto. Pattern Energy Group LP's corporate headquarters are in San Francisco.
As a member of the back office supporting Pattern’s energy management activities, this position will have primary responsibility for market settlements. This position will also monitor market-based activities of Pattern’s generating assets in the respective ISO/RTO. This role will also be key in assisting in the implementation of any systems utilized in transmission and market settlement activities. The role will serve as the key liaison between the accounting group (based in Houston and San Francisco) and various front and middle office departments such as Energy Management, Risk Management and Data analytics.
- Understand power market services agreements and related contract and Energy Imbalance Market charges.
- Verify, evaluate and analyze power and market statements, including validation of volumes and pricing for each interval.
- Reconciling counterparty commodity invoices with Energy Trade Management System (ETRM).
- Shadow settlement of ISO/RTO invoices in B2B.
- Monitor and analyze the impact to charges as a result of any rate changes.
- Ensure the accuracy and quality of information used in downstream invoicing and reporting.
- Ensure the timely payment of power market invoices.
- Manage reporting of transmission and market related activities to various stakeholders.
- Participate in daily, weekly and monthly settlement of physical and financial trading activities
- Assist with generation of invoicing statements and cash forecasting, communicating progress with involved groups including the accounting team.
- Coordinate with stakeholders and counterparties to resolve billing disputes/discrepancies proactively and timely
- Perform shadow settlement of market activities reported by ISO/RTOs
- Assist in managing relationships with transmission service providers, ISO/RTOS, and other third parties
- Identify, recommend and implement process improvements
- Support the timely and accurate accounting and financial reporting for power market related activities, including periodic fluctuation analyses.
- Support the audit of financial statements, responding to data requests timely to ensure the audits are completed on schedule.
- Ensure that monthly, quarterly, year-end, and special project deadlines and requirements are met.
- Hands-on use, data entry and navigation of Pattern’s general ledger, and reporting softwar
Assist with internal control compliance duties
- A Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business or equivalent major required.
Required and Preferred Work Experience
The following criteria will be used as a basis for Pattern to select a qualified applicant:
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Experience working in a settlements group
- Accounting experience at a US public company
- Experience in reviewing ISO/RTO invoice charges, preferable in ERCOT and CAISO
- The following experience is preferred:
- Renewable energy industry or regulated utility experience
- Experience win Energy Imbalance Market
- Bilateral settlements, CRRs, M2M
- Knowledge of energy management systems and/or bid-to-bill software applications
- Familiarity with Internal control processes
Must possess strengths in the following and be willing to do research as needed:
- The ideal candidate will possess strong analytical skills with attention to detail.
- Commitment, ability, and prior experience in meeting deadlines for monthly and quarterly reporting, and special projects; preparing thorough and complete analyses and reconciliations with appropriate documentation and follow-up.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage a demanding workload involving multiple tasks, responsibilities and deadlines with professional follow-through and minimal supervision.
- Self-starter with flexibility, desire and eagerness to learn and assume new responsibilities while maintaining ownership of the projects.
- Strong interpersonal, writing and communication skills. Must be able to meet with and participate in Operations meetings and be well versed in the project contracts in order to contribute to these meetings.
- Computer skills – Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint).
The expected starting pay range for this role is $90,000 - $120,000 USD. This range is an estimate and base pay may be above or below the ranges based on several factors including but not limited to location, work experience, certifications, and education. In addition to base pay, Pattern’s compensation program includes a bonus structure for full-time employees of all levels. We also provide a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, voluntary benefits, family care benefits, employee assistance program, paid time off and bonding leave, paid holidays, 401(k)/RRSP retirement savings plan with employer contribution, and employee referral bonuses.
Pattern Energy Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply nowJob expired?
Please let Pattern Energy Group know you found this job on Rejobs. This will help us grow and get more people to work on renewable energy!
About the role
Feb 02, 2024
Jul 27, 2024
Houston, TX, United States
UTC-06:00 — UTC-05:00
Share with Friends
The stakes are high, and the time for talk has passed. Now is the time for action. Help a friend accelerate the shift to a sustainable future.
Share this job - Senior Settlements Analyst - with your folks, and help them find a career to be proud of.