Statkraft has been making clean energy possible for over a century. That’s what we offer. 128 years of unrivalled expertise in supplying the world with what it needs most. We envision a world that runs entirely on renewable energy. Because in the fight against climate change, we don’t see renewable energy as part of the solution – we believe it must be the solution. With us, you’ll shape a career that is truly forward-facing with many amazing opportunities and offerings to match.
But there’s more work to be done – that’s why we need you to join us.
In the role as Consultant: Project Sustainability Officer, we are seeking a smart, competent, self-driven and committed individual to deliver social and environmental support at the Hybrid project site in the state of Rajasthan. This role will be under Sustainability department of Statkraft India and will be a good opportunity for candidates from Rajasthan interested to work in a sustainably aware and ethical international company.
As Consultant: Project Sustainability Officer, you will be reporting to the ESG Manager based out of New Delhi, India and the following tasks would be a part of your job profile :
- Conduct the environmental and social activities on project sites as required.
- Manage local stakeholders and maintaining good relationships with local environment and forest department.
- Carry out local stakeholder assessment and analysis when needed.
- Conduct environmental monitoring and report internally.
- Implement Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) programs at the site locations.
- Support in implementing all environment, waste, social and community related programs on site as per instructions of ESG manager in alignment with site manager.
- Support in liaisoning for areas related to Environment and Social needs.
- Conduct environmental and social training as per need at the site if needed.
- Promoting an Environment and Socially sensitive culture which is consistent with Statkraft’ s leadership ambitions and values and defining and implementing Site Specific Sustainability Program and Plans.
- Ensure the contractors are performing Sustainability activities in accordance with the Indian regulation and contractual obligations.
- Ensure monthly reports from contractors / suppliers provide the necessary information to Statkraft on Sustainability matters.
- Ensure implementation of ISO 14001 Systems & process as trained and instructed.
- Carry out other required Sustainability related responsibilities assigned by the ESG Manager.
We look for experienced personnel with the essential skills that includes:
- Any bachelor’s degree (May prefer any degree in Environment or related areas, but not necessary)
- Minimum 4 - 5 years of Local community management experience and in total 7 - 10 years of experience level will be preferred.
- A good knowledge level of laws and regulations for environment, village administrations and development authorities for Rajasthan and extend to Indian level is expected.
- Ability to work independently and capable of forming strong working relationships/partnerships at local site levels and state level.
- Verbal and written fluency in Hindi AND Rajasthani / Mewari / Marwari / Wagdi / Dhundhari / Bhili. Knowing English is good, but it is not necessary to have fluency.
- Open to travel across Rajasthan and other parts of India when needed. The first location of work will be the Project site at Barmer, Rajasthan.
- Eagerness to learn, adapt and develop is crucial.
- Some prior experience on implementation of ISO 14001 at project level.
- Preparation of Environment and social reporting and organizing project level documentation.
- Ability to lead a team if needed.
A career with Statkraft is a career filled with purpose – meaning that every employee is not just making a living, they are making a real difference to the planet, our communities and the future. Together, we work on the front lines of changing the game for renewable energy. From hydrogen development to algorithmic trading and everything in between. We have 128 years of unrivalled expertise in creating technologies that put ecosystems, communities and our environment first. With us, you’ll shape a career that is truly forward-facing with many amazing opportunities and offerings to match. This includes:
- Unlimited learning opportunities at various levels of the organization including LinkedIn Learning and inspiring leaderships program.
- The chance to grow your career alongside a truly global network of experts, leaders, specialists and graduates from different countries and backgrounds.
- The opportunity to work somewhere with pride, and to be able to honestly say “My work is contributing to saving the planet”.
- A work culture that puts emphasis on the individual, offering flexible working.
Apply nowJob expired?
Please let Statkraft know you found this job on Rejobs. This will help us grow and get more people to work on renewable energy!
About the role
Feb 02, 2024
Jul 27, 2024
Share with Friends
The stakes are high, and the time for talk has passed. Now is the time for action. Help a friend accelerate the shift to a sustainable future.
Share this job - Consultant: Project Sustainability Officer - with your folks, and help them find a career to be proud of.