The Chief Energy Modeller will work together with various business lines to develop short to long-term assessments of future environmental commodities demand growth at the sectoral level, understanding the main drivers and key uncertainties.
- Lead the build out and maintenance of demand models for different environmental commodities based on the analysis of sectorial trends to guide trading and origination strategies;
- Assesses the nature and scale of environmental commodities displacement of fossil fuels, with a special focus on the transport and heating sectors;
- Contribute to formulation of the STX view on environmental commodity markets, working with trading and business analysts to develop one consistent view;
- Manage data sources within the trading, policy and research and analytics teams to ensure accurate reporting and consistent demand assumptions across the organization;
- Articulate how the policy and regulatory frameworks in the environmental commodities affect the commodities demand mix. Model which commodities will be the ‘winners’ and ‘losers’ of new policies and regulations;
- Prepare comprehensive, thought-provoking market analysis and research reports to present to internal stakeholders and external clients;
- Attending conferences to contribute to the growth of the company’s network;
- Provide mentorship and coaching to other analysts.
- Solid demonstrable analytical experience in energy markets at a research/business intelligence company (S&P Global Commodity Insights, Energy Aspects, Rystad Energy) or consultancy;
- Fundamental demand modelling experience (building and maintaining complex models, working with statistical tools, regression modelling);
- Strong interest in and knowledge of the EU policy agenda supporting environmental commodities;
- You are passionate for in-depth data analysis and studying environmental commodities markets;
- An innate ability to identify key trends in large datasets;
- Successful track record in producing original market insights;
- An advanced level of Excel is necessary, Python/SQL skills would be advantageous;
- Relevant master’s degree, e.g., Economics, Business, Finance.
Apply nowJob expired?
Please let STX Group know you found this job on Rejobs. This will help us grow and get more people to work on renewable energy!
About the role
Feb 05, 2024
Aug 03, 2024
Share with Friends
The stakes are high, and the time for talk has passed. Now is the time for action. Help a friend accelerate the shift to a sustainable future.
Share this job - Chief Energy Modeller - with your folks, and help them find a career to be proud of.