Associate Director/Director, Sustainability & Net Zero Lead
Experienced Sustainability professional for Associate Director/Director role in Dublin, Ireland. Lead Sustainability and Net Zero proposition, develop business opportunities, and embed Sustainability into processes.
We are seeking an experienced and highly motivated Environmental Sustainability professional to fulfil the role of Associate Director/Director, Sustainability & Net Zero Lead for Ireland to support the growth of our Sustainability team.
This position offers an exciting opportunity to work with high-profile clients from various sectors, whilst developing and delivering a broad range of sustainability services.
- Accountable for the performance of the Sustainability team for Turner & Townsend Ireland;
- Own, and further develop, the Sustainability and Net Zero proposition for Turner & Townsend Ireland, reviewing regularly and ensuring it is fit for purpose and responds to market needs;
- Work with clients to develop, deliver and assure Sustainability and Net Zero strategies across projects and programmes and throughout the asset lifecycle;
- Develop and secure business opportunities with existing and new clients across both the public and private sectors;
- Develop internal stakeholder relationships with infrastructure, real estate, and advisory sectors, liaising with Key Account Managers and sector leads;
- Embedding Sustainability into Turner & Townsend’s processes and procedures for the delivery of projects and programmes.
- To ensure that client requirements are identified, scoped effectively, and delivered in line with agreed proposal deliverables;
- Work with bid teams to write technical solutions to meet client requirements;
- Ensure fee earning activities are optimised;
- Network & coach/mentor as appropriate to develop Turner and Townsend’s wider skillset;
- Develop and manage a small growing Sustainability team to deliver services effectively, managing talent and their performance, commercially achieve targets and develop technical capabilities;
- Input to the strategic direction of allocated business units as required;
- Regularly review the Sustainability and Net Zero proposition and service lines and adapt to the market and our client needs;
- Targeting clients for engagement and developing bids for service provision in line with our Sustainability team requirements;
- Support Key Account Managers & sector leads to ensure that Sustainability is included in any business development opportunities;
- Coordinate with international Sustainability colleagues on global opportunities;
- Supporting Turner & Townsend’s Corporate Responsibility strategy in alignment with UN Sustainable Development Goals as required.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant subject;
- Professionally qualified member of a recognised institution, e.g., IEMA/Chartered Environmentalist.
- Significant experience of delivering Sustainability consultancy support for clients is essential, including the areas of energy and carbon (Net Zero Emissions), water, waste, circular economy, and biodiversity;
- Experience of working in Real Estate, Infrastructure and Advisory sectors (e.g., transport, utilities, defence, energy, civils) is required, for both new build and retrofit;
- Business development experience, in the context of identifying and winning opportunities with existing as well as new clients;
- Comprehensive knowledge of environmental legislation and sustainability issues;
- Experience of providing environmental and sustainability assurance throughout the lifecycle of major projects and programmes;
- Experience of working in multi-disciplinary teams and matrix management organisations on major projects and programmes;
- Ability to communicate with clients and other key stakeholders on global, national, and regional issues, including the Climate and Biodiversity Emergency and Net Zero Emissions;
- Able to build strong, professional client relationships and proactively identifies and resolves client’s issues;
- Confident leading and working alone or as part of a team, with ability to adapt as required;
- Attention to detail in service delivery, communications, and ways of working with others;
- Excellent communication including writing and presentation skills.
- Experience in developing and reviewing approaches to environmental management in line with ISO14001:2015;
- A good understanding of environmental assessment methods such as LEED, BREEAM, Estidama and the Pearl Rating System would be an advantage.
Apply nowJob expired?
Please let Turner & Townsend know you found this job on Rejobs. This will help us grow and get more people to work on renewable energy!
About the role
Feb 08, 2024
Aug 03, 2024
Share with Friends
The stakes are high, and the time for talk has passed. Now is the time for action. Help a friend accelerate the shift to a sustainable future.
Share this job - Associate Director/Director, Sustainability & Net Zero Lead - with your folks, and help them find a career to be proud of.