The role sites within the Generation Team who are responsible for the development, design and installation of new renewable energy projects including solar farms, wind farms, gas plants, and battery storage. The team also supports and existing fleet of 90MW of onshore wind by providing technical expertise to the O&M team.
This role will involve supporting the Lead Electrical Project Manager in taking generation projects from concept to final design & build. The key activities include securing grid connections; management and assessment of the feasibility and design development; management of tenders and contract negotiations, management of feasibility studies, quotations, and design proposals for construction. The role extends to supporting inputs for financial modelling, management of due diligence processes and development of technical specifications.
This will require regular discussions with DNO’s & National Grid on technical requirements contained in the electrical or gas connection agreements, including flexible grid connections, export limited schemes, private wire arrangements and provision of grid services. The role also requires providing a technical interface with ICP and EPC contractors, negotiating contracts and setting employer requirements.
As well as developing new projects, the role involves providing technical support to other business units within Ecotricity. This includes technical support to the O&M team covering electrical infrastructure, grid interfaces, control and instrumentation and also to the Smart Grids and Trading team covering grid services, compliance and metering.
The successful candidate will have experience in the generation industry and ideally have knowledge of renewable energy generation, particularly solar and battery storage. A good understanding of electrical and ancillary equipment such as transformers, cables, switchgear, protection and control systems and metering is required as well as experience in specifying requirements and review of technical designs.
What will you do?
- Develop grid connection options and manage the connection application process;
- Liaison with National Grid, DNO’s & OFGEM;
- Develop specifications and set employer requirements;
- Manage tendering processes for feasibility studies and project delivery;
- Manage the overall electrical design development from concept to detailed, using contractors and specialists were necessary;
- Support contract negotiates;
- Provide project management during construction phase, including adherence to health and safety, compliance with the contract, technical oversight of the design and construction, resolving risks and issues;
- Prepare drawings such as SLD’s and schematics to support both operational sites and development projects;
- Carry out site technical survey’s;
- Identify and manage design risks and communicate to stakeholders;
- Travel to sites as required and ensure an onsite presence during the development and construction phases;
- Assist the planning team with technical input;
- Assist the O&M team with technical input;
- Assist Smart Grids team with technical input;
- Regular reporting and updating to Head of Generation - highlighting risks, issues and impacts and providing recommended solutions.
- Candidates should hold a higher education qualification in an electrical engineering discipline or similar discipline.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Experienced in the design and operation of electrical equipment and distribution systems;
- Experienced in the GB electricity grid and the regimes for wind, solar and battery power;
- Knowledge of wind turbines and solar PV installations and their control systems, including HV and LV transformers, cables, switchgear and SCADA;
- Knowledge of G99, G100, ENA and Transmission application and compliance processes;
- Knowledge of BESS installations;
- Knowledge of grid services;
- Proven project management and delivery skills;
- Preparation of contract documentation and specifications;
- Ability to work independently with remote management and take responsibility for project delivery;
- Ability to priorities workloads without compromising safety or quality;
- Strong communication skills particularly verbal communication;
- Computing skills including, including CAD, PV syst and PV sol, MS office & MS project;
- Construction experience, knowledge of CDM and relevant Health & Safety practices;
- Full UK driving license.
Apply nowJob expired?
Please let Ecotricity know you found this job on Rejobs. This will help us grow and get more people to work on renewable energy!
About the role
Feb 07, 2024
Aug 03, 2024
Stroud, United Kingdom
Share with Friends
The stakes are high, and the time for talk has passed. Now is the time for action. Help a friend accelerate the shift to a sustainable future.
Share this job - Electrical Project Manager - with your folks, and help them find a career to be proud of.