Vestas Global Procurement is an award-winning best in class Procurement function within the world's leading OEM for sustainable and renewable energy solutions. We are overall responsible for all Procurement activities within Vestas, including leading global and cross-functional teams, developing and implementing commodity strategies across modules, creating and capturing end-to-end value, supplier relationship management and supplier account management, performance metrics monitoring and development. You will join an experienced team with a high level of strategic exposure with senior leaders. You will work closely with stakeholders at all levels to understand business requirements and develop a commodity strategy that aligns with the company's overall business strategy and ensures a sustainable, scalable, and high-performing supply base.
Your everyday activities will be characterized by high speed and the requirement to engage in, direct and prioritize between multiple critical projects. Overall expected deliverables include:
- Develop and lead the cross-functional commodity teams that will enable profitable onshore wind growth, global expansion of offshore wind, and new renewable energy solutions through commodity strategy execution, supplier engagement and collaboration, and development of partnerships
- For a scope of over € 200M annual spend within MRO (maintenance, repair, and operations), you will develop commodity strategy through cross-functional commodity team(s) and in collaboration with global and regional teams, that align with relevant stakeholder business requirements and the company's overall business strategy, enabling end-to-end value creation
- Lead commodity strategy execution in collaboration with global and regional teams, ensuring a sustainable, scalable, and high performing supply base having the capabilities and capacity to meet current and future business requirements
- Take supplier relationship management to the next level, unlocking full value chain optimization opportunities and all cost-out levers through supplier and partner engagement and collaboration
- Engage in and/or lead major value creation, cost-out initiatives and tenders through cross-functional project teams
- Build strong relationships and manage internal and external stakeholders at all levels, including suppliers and partners, ensuring effective strategy development and execution
- Minimum 5 years of experience in global procurement and category/commodity management
- Excellent leadership skills and ability to foster collaboration between global and regional functions and across functions
- Cultural awareness, excellent communication, and negotiation skills, with the ability to influence internally and externally
- Solid analytical skills, with the ability to analyze larger complex sets of data and draw insights and conclusions
- Relevant master's degree in e.g. Business, Engineering, Economics, Finance
- Proven cross-functional leadership skills, with the ability to coach and support colleagues and foster a culture of collaboration
- Open-minded and end-to-end value chain mindset, with great interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven project management skills with the ability to lead cross-functional teams in commodity optimizations and tenders of complex nature
- Stakeholder management is in your DNA and creating business relationships both internally and externally comes naturally to you
- Result-oriented attitude and an ability to thrive in an ever-changing environment
What we offer
Vestas is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will be considered for the position - we welcome applicants from all backgrounds and identities. You will join a novel team with dedicated and passionate colleagues committed to transform Vestas Indirect Procurement through engagement with our global stakeholders. You will also have the opportunity to play an integral part of how defining how we within the team collaborate and our ways of working. Vestas provides an open, respectful and global culture, attractive compensation package and long-term career development, with emphasizes on developing both personal and professional skills.
Your primary work location will be Aarhus, Denmark. Travel to suppliers and key stakeholders expected to be approximately 30 days per year mainly within Europe.
For additional information about the position please contact Heidi Lindgaard-Brok, Director Global CAPEX & Tools Procurement, CAPEX, Tools & MRO at +45 22476873
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore. Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 173 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field. With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future. Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity. To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.
Apply nowJob expired?
Please let Vestas know you found this job on Rejobs. This will help us grow and get more people to work on renewable energy!
About the role
Feb 05, 2024
Aug 03, 2024
Minimum 5 years of experience in global procurement and category/commodity management
Share with Friends
The stakes are high, and the time for talk has passed. Now is the time for action. Help a friend accelerate the shift to a sustainable future.
Share this job - Purchasing Manager - with your folks, and help them find a career to be proud of.