At Nexans our global vision is to electrify the future. In our business group 'Generation & Transmission' this means designing and fabrication of world class power cables. We deliver EPCI turnkey projects anywhere in the world. This means we have the best tools, equipment and people with competence and skillset to deliver the complete package from engineering to installation of cables and accessories.
Nexans recognizes the differences that make each employee valuable and unique. Diversity is key to performance and to our global ambition to lead the world in the energy transition towards a sustainable planet. This we know from experience. All differences are appreciated and respected at Nexans. As a result, you will be an active part of a multinational organization where we cultivate the culture of sharing your unique point of view. This is why we encourage diversity in our recruitment - Bring yours to Nexans, it is welcome!
Welcoming you to the team
Located in Norway the HVDC Extruded department consists of highly competent and diverse members. We are responsible for project engineering related to all our subsea cable systems. The workplace is in Oslo or Halden with the possibility to work partially from home office. You will be reporting to a Team Lead in the department.
Getting a flying start
To succeed in the HVDC Extruded department you must enjoy finding solutions to technical challenges and develop existing technology beyond current limitations. Nexans’ land power cables are key in the transition to renewable energy. Land power cables are the link that connect the subsea power cables to the GRID, transfer energy between nations, and bring green energy from offshore renewables. We push technological boundaries to go longer and at higher voltages. We cooperate world-wide with energy companies, research institutions and others to provide turnkey solutions to meet future needs.
How you make an impact
You will work as an high voltage electrical engineer in project team(s) in the HVDC Extruded department. You will have an important role in the engineering, cable qualification program and execution phase, by creating strong technical solutions and delivering high quality engineering according to project requirements for turn-key power transmission cable projects.
Your main tasks will be
- Design and calculations of the land power cable systems
- Responsibility for creating technical documents and reports
- Plan and contribute in execution of qualification programs for power cable systems
- Prepare and follow-up for manufacturing and installation in cooperation with different technical disciplines, factories and laboratories, material department, analyses center, project engineering and installation departments
- You will also participate in developing efficiencies and take part in technical improvements relevant to our department.
Your starting point when you join
- Bachelor's degree or higher in high voltage electrical engineering/system Engineering.
- Preferably 3-7 years’ experience in high voltage electrical engineering
If you have experience with high voltage powers, land or subsea, this will be an advantage!
- An innovative, practical and analytical mind
- In this role the likelihood of succeeding will increase if you are well organized and structured in your work.
- Fluent in English, – oral and written, Norwegian and/or French is a plus.
- Your personal values are aligned to those of Nexans: Pioneer, Dedicated, United.
Our growth Culture
At the individual level our growth-culture is built on trust and collaboration. We wish to welcome you as a valuable member of our team. To enable impact, we believe in freedom and autonomy at the individual level at same time as we encourage knowledge sharing, team-work mentality and can-do attitude amongst our team members.
Apply nowJob expired?
Please let Nexans know you found this job on Rejobs. This will help us grow and get more people to work on renewable energy!
About the role
Feb 07, 2024
Aug 03, 2024
Experienced - over 5 years
Share with Friends
The stakes are high, and the time for talk has passed. Now is the time for action. Help a friend accelerate the shift to a sustainable future.
Share this job - Specialist Engineer - with your folks, and help them find a career to be proud of.