Vestas Power Solutions, a cornerstone of Vestas, is committed to innovation, product development, and continuous improvement. We aim to develop high products and technologies that take down the cost of energy, delivering maximum value to both our customers and Vestas.
As a part of Vestas Power Solutions, the Modelling & Analytics, Plant Data team is responsible for the creation and management of products and services related to Vestas Plant Data Offerings. Our accomplished and diverse team of Data Engineers is focused on designing products that facilitate data collection, processing and storage from thousands of power plants across the world. The team also develops data storage and conducts data analytics on a hybrid data platform setup that supports multiple data applications for our customers.
Our overarching goal is to reduce the cost of energy by harnessing the extensive data collected and stored by Vestas from power plants worldwide. Join us in this mission to make a meaningful impact on the future of renewable energy.
- Ensure creation and prioritize user stories for the team, maximizing the value delivered by the team and ensuring that the backlog is aligned with the stakeholder's needs.
- Aligning with business stakeholders, e. g., the product owner (PO) needs to have customer-centric mindset to guide the team to deliver solutions that are desirable, viable, feasible and sustainable.
- Contributing to the Vision and roadmap of their products in collaboration with the Module Product Manager (MPDM), business and the team.
- Managing and Prioritizing the team Backlog, e.g., with the inputs of the stakeholders the PO is responsible for creating backlog of the team.
- Ensure continuous feedback from the business to the team to incorporate in the team's backlog for future prioritization.
- Ensure the team delivers Value to the business.
- Prioritize the team backlog of stories (including enabler stories)
- Ensure that user stories are in line with feature acceptance criteria, the features that the team have agreed to work on, and the vision.
- Agrees on the committed features/feature backlog with the team for the PI
- Participate in PI planning and aligns the agreements made with the MPDM prior and during PI planning.
- Participates in sprint review and retrospective to bring the feedback from the stakeholder.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree: A bachelor's or master's degree (Computer Science, Data Science, Business Administration, Information Technology etc)
- Experience: At least 5 years of experience as a product owner or similar role within the data analytics field is typically required.
- Communication Skills: Advanced English communication & comprehension skills, both written and verbal, are essential.
Would be added advantage to have any of the below:
- Certification in Product Management, such as Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO), Certified ScrumMaster (CSM), SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework) certifications
- Familiarity with data analytics technologies like SQL server, Snowflake, Databricks etc.
- Domain Knowledge in renewable energy space.
- At least 5 years of experience as a Product Owner or in a similar role in the data analytics field.
- Previous experience with successfully managing and delivering data analytics products.
- Comprehensive customer-centric mindset to guide the team in delivering solutions that are desirable, viable, feasible, and sustainable.
- Ability to contribute to the vision and roadmap of data analytics products in collaboration with the Module Product Manager, business stakeholders, and the team.
- Proficiency in managing and prioritizing the team's backlog based on stakeholder input.
- Ensuring alignment of the backlog with business needs and priorities.
- Skill in gathering continuous feedback from the business stakeholders and incorporating it into the team's backlog for future prioritization.
- Demonstrated ability to ensure the team delivers value to the business.
- Experience working with Agile methodologies, including participation in PI (Program Increment) planning, sprint reviews, and retrospectives.
- A solid understanding of data analytics concepts and technologies, as well as the ability to collaborate effectively with technical teams, such as data engineers and data analysts.
- Great leadership and collaboration skills to work closely with cross-functional teams, including data engineers, data scientists, and business stakeholders.
- Proficiency in problem-solving and decision-making to address challenges and make strategic product-related decisions.
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing requirements and priorities in a collaborative data analytics environment.
What we offer
You will be part of an international organization with opportunities to grow and develop in the job professionally and personally.
We look forward to receiving your application as soon as possible, as we will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis. To apply for this opportunity please submit your resume in English.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 173 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.
Apply nowJob expired?
Please let Vestas know you found this job on Rejobs. This will help us grow and get more people to work on renewable energy!
About the role
Feb 05, 2024
Aug 03, 2024
At least 5 years of experience as a product owner or similar role within the data analytics field is typically required.
Share with Friends
The stakes are high, and the time for talk has passed. Now is the time for action. Help a friend accelerate the shift to a sustainable future.
Share this job - Product Owner - with your folks, and help them find a career to be proud of.