This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced and motivated Regional Engineering Lead to join the Corio’s rapidly growing offshore wind business and support the transition to a low carbon, sustainable global economy.
Predominately focused on offshore wind farm project origination. For Corio’s early-stage project opportunities, you will:
- Lead the development, refinement, and optimization of technical concepts.
- Develop and own the design and cost assumptions to enable investment appraisal.
- Evolve the design development strategy for each project including the preliminary schedules, budgets and scopes.
- Collaborate closely with the engineering functional teams to secure the necessary engineering input.
- Ensure that our technical solutions are well aligned with all relevant Corio functions including our regional team, our Valuation and Business Performance team and our procurement team.
- Coordinate the interface between the Engineering, Offshore Construction and PMO departments and the various other business teams delivering early activities necessary to secure new projects.
Furthermore, you will be responsible for developing robust plans and scoping the work packages necessary for projects progressing into development prior to hand over. Detailing the engineering design development strategy for the project and developing the associated schedules, budgets and preliminary scopes. These deliverables will reflect the project development strategy, stakeholder needs, market regulatory requirements and the business risk appetite given the local market dynamics.
- You will be required to facilitate successful transition to the local development team once a project matures into the development phase.
- You are a safety leader and incorporate safety in all you do.
- You will take a deeply collaborative approach to your work by creating engagement, maintaining relationships and communicating efficiently across a broad range of internal and external stakeholders.
- You are expected to deliver your agreed scopes safely, on time, within the approved budget and quality requirements.
- You will be working in a matrix structure; your functional manager will be Corio’s Head of Engineering.
- You will work in integrated project teams led by our Regional teams and collaborate closely with colleagues in our procurement and valuation functions.
Your key areas of responsibility under this role are as follows
- Collaborating with the Valuation & Business Performance team, the Regional Teams and Procurement on all regional opportunities in leads and origination (including all M&A). Developing the technical assumptions and inputs to the assessment of such opportunities and ensuring consistency in our approach and forecasting of the future LCOE for projects (models developed by others). Assessing the site specific operational and logistical considerations and refining specific modelling for each opportunity.
- Coordinate the external resources required to deliver including suppliers, consultants and manufacturers.
- Developing initial work scopes, resource forecasts and budgets for the subsequent engineering design development of each opportunity in preparation for transition to the development phase and hand over to a dedicated technical lead. Ensuring sufficient DEVEX allowance is made to support the engineering works necessary to provide the inputs and refined design assumptions required to support the initial project development objectives in respect of permitting and commercial optimization.
- Additionally, will coordinate the input from Offshore Construction and PMO teams during the early leads and origination phase of projects and ensure development plans reflect the scopes and requirements of these teams.
- Support colleagues with partnering negotiations as required, understanding and evaluating the capabilities and merits of various partnering options.
- Support with Corio E&C representation of local technical events and conferences, coordinate Corio participation in regional industry groups and/or projects such that these may benefit our project pipeline and business profile.
- Lead and manage WHSES as required for initial investigations and surveys.
- Contribute to the development of initial project schedule/programme and DEVEX budget request.
- Contribute to the identification, quantification and management of project development and execution risks and opportunities.
- Support the development of Corio’s global engineering capability and processes. For example – knowledge sharing sessions, design reviews, capturing lessons learned, governance processes, standard procedures and documentation development.
We expect that you have the following skills, qualifications, and experience:
- A degree in a relevant engineering or scientific subject or equivalent.
- 7 years+ experience working in renewables or adjacent energy sector, with at least 5 years in offshore wind.
- As strong generalist Engineering Manager you are expected to be technically competent with a breath of knowledge across all primary technical packages required to deliver industrial scale offshore wind.
- Understanding the key engineering considerations for early offshore wind development and able to undertake appropriate techno-economic analysis to evaluate design options quickly, refine solutions and make recommendations.
- Strong analytical skills.
- It is essential that you are able to thrive in dynamic environments quickly establish strong working relationships and demonstrate a holistic understanding of large-scale offshore wind farm projects
- Experience in coordinating a multi-disciplinary team of experts within a matrix organisation.
- Experienced in developing ‘green field’ project concepts, identifying key technical risks and opportunities and project planning/budgeting.
- Innovative and open minded to unconventional solutions.
- Comfortable with uncertainty and project definition ambiguity.
- Organised and dynamic with the ability to manage multiple stakeholders, resolve conflicting demands and coordinate multiple design development projects concurrently.
- Excellent communication and language skills with the ability to simplify complexity, articulate clearly the technical rational for decisions and present effectively to senior leadership.
- Demonstrate business awareness, understanding of the key drivers and levers that influence business performance and project economics. A strong value creation mindset, recognizing how to create, retain and enhance value is needed.
- Knowledge of key suppliers, infrastructure requirements and related facilities.
- A collaborative, cooperative, proactive leadership approach with a passion for sharing knowledge and experience.
- Ability to build and maintain trust with others.
- A hands-on mentality, you are pro-active demonstrating an ability to work with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders, perform in time sensitive environments and go the "extra mile".
- Experience supporting a global business demonstrating comfort working across multiple international and/or regional markets.
- A leader with knowledge of quality, health, safety, and environmental best practice associated with offshore wind projects.
- Knowledge of PMI or PMP certified or APM certified is desirable.
- Entrepreneurial, organized, autonomous, rigorous with excellent attention to detail.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and an inclusive workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders, and communities. You'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
Joining this business means you’ll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.
Corio Generation is a specialist offshore wind business, dedicated to harnessing renewable energy worldwide. With a unique blend of sector-leading expertise and deep access to long-term capital, we work closely with our partners in the creation and management of projects from origination, development and construction, and into operations.
Our 30+ GW offshore wind development portfolio is one of the largest in the world, spanning established and emerging markets, as well as floating and traditional fixed-bottom technologies. These next generation offshore wind projects will help form the backbone of the net-zero global energy system while meeting the energy needs of communities and corporate offtakers sustainably, reliably, safely and responsibly.
Apply nowJob expired?
Please let Corio Generation know you found this job on Rejobs. This will help us grow and get more people to work on renewable energy!
About the role
Feb 07, 2024
Aug 03, 2024
Seoul, South Korea
7 years+ experience in renewables or adjacent energy sector, with at least 5 years in offshore wind
Share with Friends
The stakes are high, and the time for talk has passed. Now is the time for action. Help a friend accelerate the shift to a sustainable future.
Share this job - Regional Engineering Lead (APAC) - with your folks, and help them find a career to be proud of.