EDP Renewables is a global leader in the renewable energy sector and the world's third-largest wind energy producer. With a sound development pipeline, first class assets, and market-leading operating capacity, EDPR has undergone exceptional development in recent years and is currently present in 17 markets (Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, Chile, France, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Spain, the UK, US and Vietnam).
EDPR is committed to furthering social advances in terms of sustainability and integration. This is reflected by the inclusion of the company in the Bloomberg Gender Equality index and the fact that it has been certified as a Top Employer 2021 in Europe (Spain, Italy, France, Poland, Portugal and Romania), both of which recognise its employee-driven policies.
Manage the company’s wind or solar projects, from the promotion of new opportunities to the delivery of the plant in working conditions, following the company’s strategies and guidelines and guaranteeing projects are carried out under the best conditions in order to contribute to the successful fulfillment of the business plan.
Manage the company’s project during construction, supervision over the construction from Project Management perspective, budget and planning preparation, coordination of works in the field with landowners, authorities and subcontractors.
Support the Development team collaborating in the identification of suitable geographical locations in which to construct wind farm or solar farms in order to contribute to the achievement of the business plan objectives as well as securing land through the negotiation with the landowners
To help in case of M&A opportunities or Financing Processes: Due Diligence of the projects, checking basic information.
- DEVELOPMENT OF THE BUSINESS PLAN – Collaborate in the identification of suitable geographical locations in which to construct wind farms / Solar PV plants in order to contribute to the achievement of the business plan objectives. . Knowledge of the administrative expectations and processes to perform in opportunities selection. Participate and coordinate the representation in tenders in order to guarantee the efficiency of the offers.
- Explore new and relevant sites through targeted personal research or through results made available, with public and private stakeholders. Understand in great detail competitors and the main participants in the area’s solar business, to detect opportunities (purchase opportunities, market alterations, etc.), to foresee risks and threats to guarantee the company’s competitive position. Identify and forge cooperation with other promotion companies.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT - Be responsible for projects from identifying their feasibility to the commissioning. Monitoring obtaining the necessary permits to ensuring the promotion of the project. Monitor the turbine procurement, civil works and common infrastructure (technical specifications, cost, time ...) in order to start the construction phase on time and budget. To monitor the construction phase for the implementation of the project in time and cost. Ensure turnkey contract signing between construction companies and vehicle. Ensure compliance with the milestones established in the turnkey contract. Approve payments. Coordinate the development and construction of electrical infrastructure common connecting with other third-party projects. Resolve issues arising from the non-achievement of the project development phases.
COORDINATION - Lead, supervise and coordinate the work team assigned to each project (engineering, construction, marketing, purchasing, energy assessment, financing, insurance, legal, business management ....) to ensure communication and involvement of different departments involved in order to ensure the complete coordination of all interventions
PLANNING AND BUDGET OF THE PROJECT- Ensure compliance with deadlines, costs and quality of projects from the start of the promotion phase, during construction and until the start of the commissioning. Prepare the project budget and its planning guaranteeing compliance with the objectives set in terms of budget and deadlines during the project life cycle. Plan and ensure control of the new requirements / budget, proposing and applying the relevant corrective measures in case of identification of inefficiencies or deviations from the established planning. Guarantee the fulfilment of delivery time and project costs from the beginning of the licensing stage, throughout the construction and until the beginning of operation.
RELATIONS WITH THE AUTHORITIES & INSTITUTIONAL REPRESENTATION – Keep the progress on the projects under your control up to date, promote the interchange of information and ensure that the objectives are met, in order to allow the progress of the running projects to be monitored. Establish a network of high-level contacts with the different stakeholders with frequent ground presence. To establish proper relations during project development and construction. Represent the Company before transport and distribution energy-producing organizations and other organizations in the sector, local public or private actors, and before Public Administration with the aim of defending the Company’s strategic interests. Mainly: REE + Ministerium.
M&A & PROJECT FINANCE SUPPORT – cooperation with the Country Manager in order to prepare Due Diligence of the projects potentially to acquire or to finance on a Project Finance basis
INDUSTRY KNOWLEDGE: POLICY FRAMEWORK AND COMPETITION - Know at any time the rules applicable to the development of projects, as well as competition and major players in the wind energy business in your area, identify opportunities (buying opportunities, market change, etc.. ) and foreseeing risks and threats to ensure the company's competitive positioning.
BUSINESS PLAN AND BUDGETING - Participate in defining and updating the business plan. Participate in the development of assigned project budgets. Taking responsibility for the schedule and cost of projects in assigned areas. Propose and defend investment in assigned areas to meet the objectives defined for the business unit.
- Competitions and Just Transition: to provide the necessary support to ensure that the projects presented comply with the developments planned by the company and have been worked on for their presentation. As well as ensuring knowledge of the network and evacuation.
- INSTITUTIONAL REPRESENTATION - representing EDPR at energy transport and distribution agencies of energy and other industry associations and identify needs for representation in public administration, in order to defend the strategic interests of EDPR.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Management or Economics
- At least 5 years of project management experience in other sectors.
- Fluent English
Among EDPR's principles we would like to highlight diversity and inclusion as a strength in our values and practices. Reinforcing these principles has a real impact on the satisfaction of commitment, increases talent and the quality of leadership of our professionals. To achieve all our objectives, it intends to attract, develop and retain different profiles, assuming diversity as a key factor and differentiator of fundamental innovation in our organisation. We welcome and value all people, and we are committed to the inclusion and sense of belonging of each person who is part of EDPR.
What makes us proud as an employer:
- TOP Employer Europe 2023 certification.
- Bloomberg Gender Equality Index 2023.
- Top Workplaces US 2023.
- Certification in Conciliation (Excellence) by the Más Familia Foundation;
Apply nowJob expired?
Please let EDP Renewables know you found this job on Rejobs. This will help us grow and get more people to work on renewable energy!
About the role
Feb 08, 2024
Aug 03, 2024
At least 5 years of project management experience in other sectors
Share with Friends
The stakes are high, and the time for talk has passed. Now is the time for action. Help a friend accelerate the shift to a sustainable future.
Share this job - Project Management Lead Associate - with your folks, and help them find a career to be proud of.