At Electric Power Systems, we specialize in electrical acceptance testing, commissioning, and maintenance testing for a wide range of clients including Utility, Generation, Renewables, Industrial, Transit, Data Centers, and Commercial Facilities throughout North America. We are committed to providing a culture of safety and technical expertise as a way of setting the standard of excellence in the power industry.
We care about our employees and offer a generous benefits package including:
- Competitive pay
- Paid Time Off
- Paid short term and long term disability
- Medical, vision, and dental benefits
- Health Savings Account
- Tuition Reimbursement
The SCADA Field Engineer will perform commissioning/testing at an electrical substation level consisting of relay testing, programming, functional testing and in-service readings.
- Perform SCADA field engineering, including work plan preparation and project testing functions of Area Engineers in the commissioning of new or modified transmission facilities.
- Review, revise and /or develop isolation and restoration work plans, perform preparation of integrated functional test plans and performance of functional tests (contractor's lead AE will review any work plans that require second review). Direct troubleshooting efforts, including plan development and execution to resolve functional test deficiencies. Perform the mark-up of field change drawings, discrepancy lists and project closure packages within 30 days of project in service date.
- Provides on-site support to Design Engineering, SCADA Construction and to Transmission Service Center Managers engaged in the construction, operation and maintenance of client's transmission system as relates to design philosophy and providing field information/valid requirements.
- Provide technical guidance on unusual or complex problems ensuring the client design standards are maintained.
- Review Client and contract drawings for constructability. Assure all SCADA Circuits are analyzed and isolated to prevent inadvertent trips during construction and testing
- Develop intermediate steps as required to implement new design, including, but not limited to, auxiliary temporary circuits to provide requested services during construction.
- Perform SCADA equipment testing
- Perform Specialty Engineering Services as requested
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Minimal 5+ years of substation SCADA engineering experience
- Experience with RTU and IED and PLC technologies
- Experience with SEL Automation product
- Experience with industrial communication protocol, such as Modbus RTU, Modbus TCP, DNP3
Apply nowJob expired?
Please let Electric Power Systems know you found this job on Rejobs. This will help us grow and get more people to work on renewable energy!
About the role
Feb 07, 2024
Aug 03, 2024
Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Share with Friends
The stakes are high, and the time for talk has passed. Now is the time for action. Help a friend accelerate the shift to a sustainable future.
Share this job - SCADA Field Engineer - with your folks, and help them find a career to be proud of.