Project Director – Renewable Energy Planner
Renewable Energy Planner at Project Director level in Ireland's largest Planning and Environmental consultancy. Full-time, hybrid remote.
MKO is Ireland’s largest Planning and Environmental consultancy.
Our team of 200+ experienced professionals work across the planning, environmental, ecology and related fields. We deliver challenging and complex projects for our clients and have an unrivalled track record of success. We add real value to our client’s projects through our multi-disciplinary expertise and a broad range of nationwide experience.
Our success and growth rests entirely on the knowledge, skills, ambition and integrity of our people, and we value these qualities most highly. We are forward-thinking and work with a can-do attitude, which nurtures people, ideas and opportunities to help maximise potential.
Through our work, we aim to leave a legacy we can all be proud of.
We are recruiting a Renewable Energy Planner at the Project Director level to join our Planning team and meet the increasing demand for the company’s services. The successful candidate will be working on projects in the renewable energy sector, and prospective candidates must have relevant and recent experience in these sectors. The available position will allow the successful candidate to work on various renewable energy projects utilising the skills they may have acquired through formal training, personal interest, and previous work experience.
- Have a qualification in Town Planning (IPI or RTPI Accredited).
- Have an excellent working knowledge of the Irish planning system and the interaction of relevant planning and environmental legislation, both national and European.
- A minimum of 8 years post-graduate experience in fulfilling similar functions, ideally in a similar consultancy role.
- A full driver’s licence.
- Drive a successful business unit with ultimate responsibility for all aspects of the teams’ development including financial, people management, commercial and external stakeholders.
- Overseeing and review of inputs on renewable energy planning projects from inception to completion, including interaction with project stakeholders, clients and other project team members.
- Undertaking a review of planning assessments, reports and project planning inputs.
- Acting as the main point of contact with client representatives to progress projects effectively.
- Engaging with relevant authorities and stakeholders in environmental and planning projects.
- Delivering fit for purpose project outputs within set deadlines.
Prospective candidates will be expected to have excellent report-writing skills and be well-organised with meticulous attention to detail while also being able to manage a varied and full workload. The candidate should thrive in a busy work environment and deliver to the required project deadlines. The salary for this role will be negotiable depending on the level of experience.
At MKO, we appreciate the value of hybrid working arrangements. The Project Director’s primary place of work can be the MKO office (Galway or Dublin), and they will be free to work from their location of choice for the remainder of the time. As a Project Director of the Planning team, their regular presence in MKO Galway head office will be required.
Apply nowJob expired?
Please let MKO know you found this job on Rejobs. This will help us grow and get more people to work on renewable energy!
About the role
Feb 07, 2024
Jun 12, 2024
Galway, Dublin, Ireland
Share with Friends
The stakes are high, and the time for talk has passed. Now is the time for action. Help a friend accelerate the shift to a sustainable future.
Share this job - Project Director – Renewable Energy Planner - with your folks, and help them find a career to be proud of.