Supervisor, Market Operations - Renewable Energy
Supervise short-term generation management, outage coordination, and market operations for Basin Electric Power Cooperative in Bismarck, ND.
This position oversees the short-term generation management including outage coordination, offer compilation, position reporting, and business systems for the Asset Management division. This position also manages Regional Transmission Organization (RTO) coordination for new initiatives, market monitor requests and software updates.
- Responsible for all Asset Management related software systems, including OATI, Allegro, Metrix IDR, EMS, and PCI. Works with internal Information Technology (IT) personnel to identify and pursue any software related needs. Responsible for leading and implementing all software changes and upgrades.
- Coordinates and leads monthly conferences with Southwest Power Pool’s Working Groups to prepare for upcoming market-related changes. Supervises the coordination and resolution of software-related issues by working with vendors to make time saving system enhancements and procuring any needed technical software or equipment.
- Gathers data from all generation outages, derates, and related physical parameters that affect market offers. Ensures systems are continually updated to reflect accurate offer costs.
- Coordinates with BEPC’s plant operations to extract additional value for membership from the assets through economic evaluation of short-term shutdowns and unit flexibility. Prepares generation economic evaluations for use in determining areas of margin improvement.
- Assists with the creation of financial forecasts, budgets, and short-term market models. Serves as a member of the Generation Working Group that coordinates this effort.
- Completes after the fact short term market offer review and generator margin reporting to Senior Leadership Team and the Board of Directors.
- Manages Basin’s ongoing relationship with and quarterly reporting to North Iowa Municipal Electric Cooperative Association (NIMECA).
- Develops and facilitates education of Marketing roles and objectives and other energy market topics to Members, internal Basin employees, and other external groups as requested.
- Coordinates the preparation of statistical data needed for inclusion in management reporting, such as reports to Senior Leadership Team, the Risk Management Steering Committee and Board of Directors.
- Leads the establishment and maintenance of standard operating procedures for market related activities and initiatives of team.
- Manages, mentors, and educates staff by creating and communicating goals to team members that will support the Cooperatives energy and marketing position.
- A four-year degree in Finance, Economics, Business, Math, Engineering, Energy Management or a related field.
- Four years of experience in commodity related support, power marketing, generation operations, and/or financial analysis of operations and marketing support.
- Broad understanding and comprehensive knowledge of the electrical power supply industry, and market and generation operations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient with personal computers and Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. Prior experience acting as a lead or previous supervisory experience is required.
- Resume required.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for personnel in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. Prompt and regular attendance is a requirement for this position.
Typical Physical/Mental/Environmental Demands
This position requires frequent sitting and standing/walking; and occasional reaching below and above shoulder level, use of keyboard/computer, bending/reaching, kneeling, lifting/carring up to 10 pounds, and pushing/pulling up to 20 pounds. It also requires finger dexterity and hand coordination. This position requires good hearing and vision, and the ability to speak. It also requires the ability to develop plans, procedures and goals; present information to others; and work under stress to complete projects within deadlines.
Applicants interested in this opening should go to https://www.basinelectric.com to apply.
Employees must apply through Inside Basin, by clicking on a position and signing into the Infor Application.
Basin Electric is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer regarding race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, and veterans status.
Apply nowJob expired?
Please let Basin Electric Power Cooperative know you found this job on Rejobs. This will help us grow and get more people to work on renewable energy!
About the role
Jan 23, 2024
Jul 13, 2024
Bismarck, ND, United States
Four years of experience in commodity related support, power marketing, generation operations, and/or financial analysis of operations and marketing support.
Share with Friends
The stakes are high, and the time for talk has passed. Now is the time for action. Help a friend accelerate the shift to a sustainable future.
Share this job - Supervisor, Market Operations - Renewable Energy - with your folks, and help them find a career to be proud of.