Join Ocean Energy Europe in Brussels as a Policy Officer to advocate for ocean energy policy at EU and national levels. Full-time, hybrid workplace.
We are at a critical time for wave & tidal energy. The drive to Net Zero and the importance of greater energy independence creates a huge need for diverse sources of renewable energy. The European Commission recognises this and has set ambitious deployment targets for ocean energy by 2027 and 2030. Furthermore, recent public support to the sector is driving new projects and the industrialisation of the sector.
Scaling up an industry requires supportive funding and policy, and OEE is committed to delivering this for Europe’s ocean energy sector.
We are looking for an enthusiastic & experienced Policy Officer to join us on this mission! S/he will work alongside 8 colleagues committed to push for the best possible framework to develop ocean energy at EU and national level. We are looking for a like-minded individual, committed to help make the energy transition happen. The position can cater to either Junior or Senior Policy Officers.
- Policy Advocacy on relevant files e.g. Fit for 55, NZIA, NECPs, European Funding programmes
- Write policy documents – from position papers to fully-fledged published reports such as the 'Powering Homes Today' report;
- Build good relations and work collaboratively with European decision-makers in the Commission & Parliament, and with national decision-makers in key countries;
- Build good relations and work collaboratively with industry stakeholders – technology & project developers, academics, supply chain actors, regional authorities.
- Policy Analysis
- Consult sector stakeholders and extract useful data, analysis and perspectives.
- Inform OEE Members – e.g. events & briefings on key funding & policy developments;
- Represent the association at events and meetings to a professional standard, including public speaking;
- Organise and shape the programme for meetings, events and webinars;
- Work with the OEE Communications & Events team to strengthen OEE and the sector’s profile;
- Assist with any OEE matters – e.g. membership recruitment, conference organisation, project applications.
S/he will be a part of Ocean Energy Europe’s policy team and report to the CEO.
- Mandatory: Minimum 3 years of experience in relevant field(s);
- Mandatory: University degree in relevant field (political sciences/economy/environment…);
- Mandatory: Excellent oral and written English (proven);
- Mandatory: Proven experience with policy formation;
- Asset: Deep understanding of the Energy/Renewables sectors at EU and global levels;
- Asset: Speaker-level in other languages, particularly French, Spanish or Portuguese;
- Asset: Experience in Horizon 2020/Europe, Interreg, LIFE and other funding programmes.
- Personable: can quickly establish good relationships; a team-player who is sharing and caring;
- Precise: can write clearly, concisely & convincingly;
- Motivated: enthusiastic about the ocean energy sector and renewable energies; keen to understand the industry’s technological, commercial and financial needs;
- Flexible: available to travel when required;
- Creative: can spot opportunities to help the sector develop.
We assume all candidates will be able to prioritise, work under pressure, on budget and to tight deadlines, have an eye for detail, etc…
Ocean Energy Europe offers an attractive salary and benefits package under Belgian law.
- 3-year fixed term contract – followed by full time contract;
- Based in Brussels at OEE offices with partial remote working possibilities.
About Ocean Energy Europe – www.oceanenergy.eu
Ocean Energy Europe is a fast-growing membership organisation set up to represent the sector at European level. It acts as a hub for ocean energy information & networking and works closely with the Commission, Parliament and Member States to promote the development of ocean energy.
OEE boasts a diverse team of EU renewable energy experts; creative, innovative, and dedicated to providing the ocean energy sector with the best possible visibility and support. The Association has the support from most of the sector’s CEOs, reaches the highest political levels in advocacy and organises the largest EU conference and exhibition on ocean energy.
Apply nowJob expired?
Please let Ocean Energy Europe know you found this job on Rejobs. This will help us grow and get more people to work on renewable energy!
About the role
Jan 31, 2024
Jul 26, 2024
Junior or Senior
Share with Friends
The stakes are high, and the time for talk has passed. Now is the time for action. Help a friend accelerate the shift to a sustainable future.
Share this job - Policy Officer - with your folks, and help them find a career to be proud of.