Investment Manager Netherlands - Fluent Dutch
Investment Manager role in Amsterdam with Statkraft, promoting renewable energy and offering career growth in a diverse, inclusive culture.
Statkraft has been making clean energy possible for over a century. That’s what we offer. 125 years of unrivalled expertise in supplying the world with what it needs most. We envisage a world that runs entirely on renewable energy. Because in the fight against climate change, we don’t see renewable energy as part of the solution – we believe it must be the solution. With us, you’ll shape a career that is truly forward-facing with many amazing opportunities and offerings to match.
What we do
The business area European Wind and Solar is responsible for the development and ownership of wind, solar, and storage projects in Europe. The business area is also responsible for the project execution of large projects in Statkraft.
We are now expanding in several European markets and need an Investment Manager to strengthen the Investment Team with a focus on the Netherlands. The team is responsible for providing investment and commercial services to Asset Owners in relation to project development, acquisitions, valuations, partnerships, and sell-down processes. Members of the team are based in various offices around Europe i.e., Oslo, Amsterdam, Madrid, London, Milan, and Dusseldorf. Depending on the candidate’s experience and profile the hiring can be for a Senior Investment Manager.
In this role you will work with experienced investment managers and project developers and provide support in the financial assessment of project opportunities and investments in the wind and solar sector. The primary focus of the role will be the Dutch market however, since the team is organized to offer cross-country support, you might be asked to actively support other European markets.
Your main activities and responsibilities will be:
- Defining the business case and setting up the project’s financial model, including various offtake alternatives.
- Working closely with the project teams and other departments to ensure that all project assumptions are correctly reflected. This is to ensure the reliability of the business case and the maximization of its value.
- Providing commercial advice to the development team and analysing and modelling different project scenarios (ownership structures, co-location of technologies, different revenue streams, storage, etc.).
- Analysing, structuring, and preparing the documentation for the origination and execution of projects, pipelines, and M&A opportunities (both buy- and sell-side).
- Managing M&A projects in cooperation with other departments
- Managing the relationship with investors in the renewable energy space, expanding the company's investor network, provide market intelligence on investors' preferences and assumptions, track industry transactions.
You will report to the Head of Commercial Support for your region. This role is based in Amsterdam; some travel may be required.
- University degree in finance, economics, or engineering.
- Around 5-7 years’ relevant work experience gained preferably within a bank, infrastructure investor, energy company, or consultancy. Experience in renewables is a plus.
- Understanding of project value drivers, excellent analytical skills, and creative thinking to optimize project economics.
- Excellent financial modelling skills (MS Excel) and demonstrable valuation experience.
- Commercial awareness to handle negotiations, analyse transaction and legal documents.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent report writing and written and verbal presentation skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage the workload.
- Reliability, professionalism and integrity.
- Fluent Dutch and English. Additional languages a plus as they might enable working on projects in different countries more easily, if required.
Statkraft is an equal opportunity employer and promotes diversity. Statkraft has an open, inclusive culture focused on transparent cooperation and providing excellent-quality work. Statkraft values its employees and their well-being and provides numerous learning opportunities for professional development as well as flexible working arrangements.
Apply nowJob expired?
Please let Statkraft know you found this job on Rejobs. This will help us grow and get more people to work on renewable energy!
About the role
Jan 29, 2024
Jul 26, 2024
Share with Friends
The stakes are high, and the time for talk has passed. Now is the time for action. Help a friend accelerate the shift to a sustainable future.
Share this job - Investment Manager Netherlands - Fluent Dutch - with your folks, and help them find a career to be proud of.